Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is pulling the strings of shaolin temple? Shi Yongxin or ___?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when someone wants to back the abbot and the new breed of shaolin on absolutely everything, its a pretty good indicator that they havent been involved in shaolin themselves for more than a few years. they missed all the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by feng View Post
      To Doc !

So, concerning your report about having heard from Shi Yongxin’s three villas: do you have any concrete information about them, like the adresses of the villas, when and or how he bought them for what price etc. The same about his cars. Are there any proofs, any facts? If, for example, I want to discuss these subjects with anyone, I can only say: I read that someone heard that somebody discovered X driving in a Mercedes Sedan….

About your NON-JUDGING:
      Think it over again.

Amituofo

Amituofo
      I have no problem judging. I'm from New York, and because it's part of our genetic makeup to not give a ****, I'll judge. But I try not to do it here.

As for the three villas, I have no information other than one is in Zhengzhou. The guy does not live in Shaolin long term, and if anyone thinks he does, well, that's pretty comical. He did back in the late 80's, but after that, a political career, etc, led him elsewhere. The Zhengzhou villa was fairly common knowledge back in the 2000 time period, but I have no proof personally. He never invited me in for tea and cookies. Just like I have no proof of the daughter that he allegedly has. (But then again, if you had a daughter, you wouldn't have introduced me to her back then either). That's a strong previously well widespread rumor that I personally don't believe in, but would not be surprised if it were true. I just can't imagine this guy having a girlfriend. Women there are desperate, but, hey, this is pushing the envelope.

As for the Mercedes, I've seen it, I've seen him in it, and I've almost been run over by it. I was close enough to it to see what I believe was bullet proof glass, and extra armor (the car sagged on its springs). Kind of hard to get close to considering the two carloads of body guards that accompanied him. (Those were not Mercedes, just your typical shit Chinese automobile). I reported this over ten years ago, and there is even a picture of the Mercedes on the site.

The Cadillac I also saw, the Range Rover was in the news (the article is somewhere on the site). The Cadillac and another large American car was used in the early 2000's to transport his visitors. He may have used the Caddy from time to time; I never personally saw him in it, but it had been parked along with the other cars in front of Shaolin during that time period when Yongxin was visiting Shaolin with some important guests.

So, I'll vouch for the cars. I have no idea what he's in now, as I have not been in China for almost two years now. I won't vouch for the villa's, never have for that matter, nor will I vouch for the daughter, though that was a widely discussed issue ten years ago.

Yongxin does not dabble in the poor and downtrodden. When I was in Phuket about two or three years ago, he was the guest of some very wealthy Thai communications magnate. A nice cruise in Phang Nga bay had been in order. I'm well aware of this, because I've been on the boat, and I've sailed on it. You don't get on a hundred foot multimillion dollar yacht unless you know someone, and I do. I'm very good friends with the captain. Nuff said.

Also, please remember something. The name of this site is "Shaolin Temple Perspective". I never meant for the few hundred pages of shit on this site to be bible. It's a perspective, an opinion, albeit one which has been formed based upon personal observations, discussions with knowledgeable and relevant people, and perusal of relevant news items. I don't believe in purveying bullshit; there's enough of it in the world as it is.

My apologies for the delay in responding to this. Being a husband and a father takes up much more time than comforting idiot Las Vegas strippers.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I guess some believe Kapitalism saved china, though it didnt prevent them from makinga war with the viet kong, no?

Bietanlan!

It is maybe my jesuit side of vowing for poverty, but i dont think in the absolute u need to be kapitalist to make politic and opening reforms.

Yet i think it is definitly a trend to think a lot about money in China and not about kulture or philosophy.

The taiji teachers here in Yangshuo r excessivily expensive, it is not a shaolin trend. And they r not interested to study western philosophy, witch akkording Sokrates had to be for free, so i am not interested to study with them. I think u kan hardly bekom an immortal if u dont undrestand the greek view on immortality. Sophists, asking for money to teach how to defend private interests, where the korruptors of philsophy akkording to the Academy.

No?

From animalyaskatasuna, kurent aliende euskal erya

Comment

you are a very, very slow learner.

Comment

Well, just to see how the new forum works, here's a picture of the abbot's car, circa 1999, shot by a friend of mine, Bjorn, who sent it to me. This has been published on the site previously.

TheBenz.JPG

What's great about this, is it shows shaolin village before it was torn down and turned into an amusement park.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Doc!
              I haven't seen this car there the last two years, well but others. Maybe he is using it in Beijing? Maybe he was asked or offered to drive around in it for a while ...? How do you know that he bought it?
              By the way, last century I was driving around in a Roll's Royce through Zürich for a while (because I wanted to do someone a favour),- but I never had a car myself.
              The street in the picture just looks as interesting as any normal street in Dengfeng. What is astonishing is it's cleanness. In the area directly around the temple I haven't found an amusement-park,- but a lot of greenery. Also some terrible brainwash, which came from the cableway-station not far from the temple. As far as I know, Shaolin-temple / Shi Yongxin may sometimes have some influance on, but in no way the final decision about what happens in the area around the temple. He asked for to stop the constant and monotone amituofo-hymn that comes from the cableway-station and fills the air of half the valley all day, but without success...
              Do you have the adress of the villa? Can you get it?

Liutansanzang!
              Capitalism will save China as much as it has saved the rest of the world, just look at the Gulf of Mexico now (of course things are not much better in Europe) ... -- I still hope for a third try, no capitalism, no communism, maybe something new ... ("despair is as deceptive as hope" Lu Xun)

LFJ!
              Don't cry over my lost time! First Shi Yongxin surely doesn't need me to back him, second there is noone, for which I don't have any critics (including me).
              Also there are some friends, who tell me how things look like from the Not-Shi-Yongxins-breed-corner, all the fun and so,- I guess you know one of them ...

To all of you!
              Meanwhile I feel a bit pushed into a corner, which I never belonged to. I never wrote and never will write serenades about the intensitiy of Shi Yongxin's eyes or his glory, but I also try not to accuse him with things that I cannot proove. If you want to know what I consider worth critisizing of Shi Yongxin's Shaolin-tempel-politiks, you can read some of it (not all) in my tiny German blog: http://shaolin-reflection.blogspot.com.

Thanks for taking your time to listen.

Amituofo

Comment

I don't have the address of the villa(s) (if they exist). Maybe that's why my Christmas cards go unanswered every year.

That brown Mercedes was ten years ago. He's had a few replacements since then. Hell, I don't know many people that continue driving the same car for over ten years. Other than me, and a couple of my cheap doctor friends.

The street in that picture is gone. That was the old Dengfeng village before it was torn down, to make way for Shaolin Disneyland. Oh, the good old days, how I remember bringing dates to those quaint little restaurants on that street....

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                X