Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Section

Hi Doc,

How would you feel about adding a new Philosophy of (Kung Fu, Shaolin, Fighting, You choose) section to the forum?

I only ask because I'm extremely intersted in this and don't know if it's okay to continually post this kind of thing in the "Ask the Gang" section. I totally understand if it's not the kind of thing your going for with this forum.

I am just personaly interested in both the physical and mental/philosophical aspects of Kung Fu, Shaolin, and all things Asian and thought perhaps others might be as well.

Also, I might go haywire with my philosophy threads, etc. So if you don't feel this is the kind of forum for that kind of thing please let me know and I will find another forum for that kind of thing and come here soley for getting involved in Shaolin training.

Thanks, both for having the forum and for responding to the people here. This is the most information I've ever gotten on Shaolin

well, as doc is away right now, i'll respond by saying that there are actually a lot of places to make those kinds of threads already in the forum. for example, 'taoism, buddhism, ancient oriental thought, shoalin gongfu, training concepts, etc.' but, if for some reason those categories don't specifically represent your thoughts and/or questions accurately, doc'll help you find a place for them.

i think you're welcome to post about anything: philosophical topics are quite common on this site. not only are many of us interested in the same kinds of things, we also appreciate your contribution.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Philosophy of Shaolin is kind of a broad topic; anything that you might think would fit in there, actually has different relevant forums already, that Onesping has already mentioned. Search around the main forum page, expand the little thingies (the drop down thingies on the right to open up the subcategories), and you'll see how extensive these forums are.

If there are things that you want to talk about, that don't really fit in any of these sections, let me know. Creating new sub forums is no big deal, but, it does make the whole thing here more complicated. I was actually thinking of shredding some of these areas to simplify the place, as it is a bit overwhelming to most visitors.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

it does make the whole thing here more complicated. I was actually thinking of shredding some of these areas to simplify the place, as it is a bit overwhelming to most visitors.

Comment

Working...
        X