Meet Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
    sifu is not a rank title, but a relational term.
    Si-fu
    Teacher/father
    Your instructor. This name is actually genderless.

Female instructors are also called Sifu.

Si-gung
    Teacher/grandfather
    Si-fu’s teacher

Si-tai-gung
    Teacher/great-grandfather
    Si-gung’s teacher

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
      Yeah, i am pretty serious. But it didnt work. So dont even go there, you are setting yourself up for failure, thats all i got to say.
      May the force be with you.

Comment

Si-fu
        Teacher/father
        Your instructor. This name is actually genderless.

Female instructors are also called Sifu.

Si-gung
        Teacher/grandfather
        Si-fu’s teacher

Si-tai-gung
        Teacher/great-grandfather
        Si-gung’s teacher
        lfj's a guy who often spends long periods of time living in china, and the shaolin temple, itself. he's also fluent in chinese (as far as i can tell), so he might have a more accurate understanding of how the word (shifu) is used, the connotation involved, etc... especially in comparison to your average dictionary. lol...

in asian society, you can't gain rank by being better than someone...(well, not traditionally) it's relational, as lfj said. you either are or you aren't.

ranking systems are just a contemporary phenomenon.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
          lfj's a guy who often spends long periods of time living in china, and the shaolin temple, itself. he's also fluent in chinese (as far as i can tell), so he might have a more accurate understanding of how the word (shifu) is used, the connotation involved, etc... especially in comparison to your average dictionary. lol...

in asian society, you can't gain rank by being better than someone...(well, not traditionally) it's relational, as lfj said. you either are or you aren't.

ranking systems are just a contemporary phenomenon.
          I understand that.

Obviously in the west there is, its kind of intrinsic. I think it was introduced over here when the arts came over in the 60s...

My GM came back from China after training with Wong Cheung in the mid 50s. It was already in place then.

While the ranking system isn't a traditional thing, it is part of the western evolution of the fighting arts and as such is intrinsic to a LOT of styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
            yea i have a big dick to, if your lucky ill let your girlfriend suck it you psychotic sob, put that knife down before you hurt your gay geronimo lookin ass.

Ah, maestro....

You must know that i am the forgiving type.

I see you take great pride in your stupidity.

I will let you have this one.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
              May the force be with you.
              Likewise.

And beware the power of the darkside.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Likewise.

And beware the power of the darkside.
                i am the darkside. Hence the war bit, and none of the mediatative how nam i going to solve the worlds ills bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
                  i am the darkside. Hence the war bit, and none of the mediatative how nam i going to solve the worlds ills bullshit.
                  Funny, i didnt know wookies were sensitive to the force.

Comment

why is it 'intrinsic?'

i only see how it's intrinsic to making money and keeping students. if that's what you mean...
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
                      why is it 'intrinsic?'

i only see how it's intrinsic to making money and keeping students. if that's what you mean...
                      While i see your point, not everyone makes money out of giving people belts. I gives people something to aim for. Different styles do this in different ways....

Comment

Funny, i didnt know wookies were sensitive to the force.
                        theyre sensitive to pulling your arms out of their sockets.

Yes yes i could do with a trim....

Comment

onesp1ng u need to chill home slice. there are plenty of people who just like the belts and take pride in them

and onesp1ng not everyone believes the same things you do either about chinese martial arts. not to mention alot of the most talented chinese martial artists arent even in asia. unless your talking about wushu lolo
                          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

So guys when do wemake this love orgy with 2 or 3 shaolin veg girls?

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                              So guys when do wemake this love orgy with 2 or 3 shaolin veg girls?
                              When they start eating sausage.

Comment

Eating sausage is against chinese bodisatva rule and might be against access to absolute non violence (and dionysisac orgies)

Comment

Working...
                                X