Wannabee Shaolin in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wannabee Shaolin in India

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

No comment...

hysterical...
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

ok, whats so different about chinese schools and indian schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
        ok, whats so different about chinese schools and indian schools?
        Riding a Motorcycle over Kids hand would be one....

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe View Post
          Riding a Motorcycle over Kids hand would be one....
          Getting them to play with sharp things another, making them do balancing acts on their heads.......

My point is, why is that so shocking?

If you really think about it the weight is displaced over quite a large area, and you dont know how they have trained their hands.

Plus, if you read the article, actually it was their parents that wanted them to put on a show, not the school....

Comment

Plus, if you read the article, actually it was their parents that wanted them to put on a show, not the school....
            Thats the shocking part, I agree. But also, the teacher should have known better as to go for nonsense like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe View Post
              Thats the shocking part, I agree. But also, the teacher should have known better as to go for nonsense like that.
              The culture is very different.

thats all there is to it.

Comment

The culture is very different.

thats all there is to it.
                Yes.

Along with the beauty, it's full of stupidity, baseless traditions, and unfounded superstitions.

Here's another prime example. God knows I saw enough nonsense the two years I spent at Shaolin, but, this is prime:

His parents hoped their teenage son would be home in a month, cured of his addiction to the internet. They never thought that within 10 hours of taking him to an addiction clinic they would receive a telephone call notifying them that he was dead.

Deng Senshan, 16, was addicted to playing on the internet, like tens of millions of other young Chinese. He was the latest teenager to be sent by his parents to one of the clinics being set up across China to cure youngsters of their obsession with online gaming.

His parents took their son to the Guangxi Qihuang Survival Training Camp in southern China on Saturday.

Deng Fei, his father, told supervisors that his son was shy and introverted and they should avoid putting too much pressure on him during the first couple of days.

They agreed.

Instead, the boy was placed in solitary confinement shortly after his arrival and then beaten by his trainers who scolded him for running too slowly when he was ordered to go jogging.

He was pronounced dead in the early hours of Sunday morning.

"My son was very healthy and was not a criminal," his father said. "He just had an internet addiction when I left him at the camp. We can't believe our only son was beaten to death." Times of London
                We saw this sort of idiocy at one of the famous "monks" in New York years ago. Actually, two of them...

as for the motorcycle, if one tire is resting on the ground while the other is resting on an individual's hand, damage will depend upon how long it is resting there, and which tire it is (weight on a motorcycle is not evenly distributed front to rear, depending on the bike). If it is on two hands at the same time, both hands will have to absorb the entire weight of the bike, more evenly distributed between the two. And you also have to look at the damage caused by the tire hitting the edge of the hands prior to it running up on top of them.

Doing this on adult hands, which are fully grown, will cause varying degrees of damage. Running over the wrists can cause significant carpal bone fractures which are not easy to diagnose, and can end up causing long term problems. Putting this sort of weight on children's hands and wrists, which are still in the process of growing, can result in damage to growth plates and other delicate structures, with long term negative results.

I hate to be negative here, but we're dealing with stupid people. Education is severely lacking, and unbridled martial artist ego's overwhelm what little common sense some of these people actually develop in their lives.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Have you seen how these people drive? the motorcycle stunt is the least of their concerns..

Comment

Maybe they should meditate more on bu sha sheng/ do not kill life and think less they understand what is "I", specially as an independant identity...????

Though as Nato has been repeadetly killing civilians in afghanistan, i m not sure u or we have a clear view about not killing... But the discussions have launched didnt seem to raise much interest.... Criticize Putin for killing civilians in CHechenya and do the same in Afghanistan????
                    Last edited by liutangsanzang; 08-14-2009, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I have a very clear view on not killing: There's a time and place for everything.

Comment

Please enlighten me...

Comment

They should show their prowess in other ways.
                          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Not my job, Liu. I'm somewhat of an impressionist.

Comment

It is critical to have high-quality content in terms of attracting people to come see the website, and that is exactly what this website provides. My site: 바카라뉴스​​

Comment

Working...
                              X