Kun of Zhuang Zi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kun of Zhuang Zi

If u want learn more about chinese culture, u can order books in english from the chinese editor foreign language press

www.flp.com.cn

One of the best book i had from them is key concepts in chinese philosophy, a study of the main concepts such as essence (li) or morality (ren)

I m just finishing one novel from them, the story of zhuang zi. I just feel more close to daoism than confucianism, for their attention to animals and their tendency to anarchy and government by non action (wuwei). As Zhuangzi supposedly said why do we need boss, manager, chief, king??? Who makes us believe that and live like like that?

Koan of the day: does money kill?

i tend to lean more towards taoism out of all the eastern philosophy ive read

whos zhuang zi?
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

i'm currently reading 我說參同契 by 南懷瑾.

great book for those really interested in daoist thought.

question: what is the kun of zhuangzi?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Isnt Kun one of the trigram or a strange animal?

I also tend to favor daoism. In chinese anarchy is translated as wuzhengfu zhuyi, which gets us back to wu, empty...

But just my selfish and stupid opinion, i feel i really have to give up the wrong ideas about what is myself and how i limit myself according my pleasure and pain

wu wu wu wuwu wuwu wu wuwu

Comment

'In the Northern Ocean there is a fish, the name of which is Kun - I do not know how many li in size. It changes into a bird with the name of Peng, the back of which is (also) - I do not know how many li in extent. When this bird rouses itself and flies, its wings are like clouds all round the sky.'

the questions is: what does the kun represent? and what about the peng? (that should be a bit more obvious)

why a big fish? how is it relevant to the bird? etc?
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

It sounds like a metaphor concerning life, connectivity, and transformation.

Chuang tzu, I like his metaphors.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

which metaphor do you like specifically?

btw, i highly suggest for those earnestly interested in understanding daoism, especially for anyone who can not read chinese, to start with some books by lin yutang.

he has the best translations of any daoist text i have come across to date.

question: what does 道可道, 非常道 really mean?
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Heuu, no idea, please enlighten us...

Been reflecting a bit on Laozi politics recently. How does he really explain the existence of evil? And what to do with bad people trough wuwei?

Comment

Heuu, no idea, please enlighten us...
                  lol..... :-)

perhaps it would be better to ask how you translate it? why?
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6nlpZDpMI"]YouTube - Michael Tsarion - Origins of Evil (1 of 13)[/ame]
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

well, i'm not gonna to try and tackle the kun of zhuangzi yet when the first line of the daodejing is perceived so mysteriously.

personally, i think, a conversation about daoism should probably begin the first words of laozi's daodejing. those words are essentially the thesis statement for the whole text. the rest serves as a means to understanding the philosophy further. what follows is a reiteration/illustration of the main point.

道可道非常道
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Holy crap he goes totally cockeyed at around 5:56-6:00
                        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                        X