how to live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to live

Have you ever noticed that if you are more skilled in mechanics, or baking, or flying, or etc. than someone else, and tell them so they don't get mad.

But, if you have more skill in life than someone else, and tell them, they get mad.

Why is that?

Isn't living a skill much like the ability to fix a car.
    Sure there are different ways to do it, and sure there are many types of cars, but a skilled mechanic can use a set of processes to fix most cars.

Likewise, there are many different ways to live and many different types of lives, but someone skilled at life can use a set of processes to fix most life problems. If you try to help someone fix there car they don't usually get mad, but if you try to help someone fix there life they usually do. Why?

face / ego / upbringing..... belief.

in helping someone to fix their car, there's no need to challenge one's belief system about life in general. which is to say: a mental paradigm shift isn't nearly the same as installing a new muffler or clutch. but there are also a lot of methods to assist in guiding an individual, give advice, etc... that are non-evasive. you just have to think outside the box and be creative.

of course, some (people) don't want to change, and it's not our job to 'save' them - like overhauling a shabby mustang or something.

plus, people who really want help, tend to ask for it. this is also a way to know whether they are serious or not.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

What is to know? How 2 know 1 has more compassion than 1?

If the fascists came maybe i would be a coward while this guy will be a hero?

I think studying psychology, budist traditional abidarma (di sanzang) and modern psychoanalysis, is really a needed base. Narcissism is such an interesting phenomena.

1, according 2 Congkapa, bodisatva rules, a bodisatva cannot ignore those with shattered ethics, let people be angry, out of laziness do nothing, have a circle just to rub his back, not fix disturbed emotions (cf the vows i posted in budist section, the fawang jing or brahmajala sutra for chinese bodisatva being quite different, for instance strict prohibition of killing or selling animals)

Hippie peace and love

Comment

Look at it this way. If my car breaks down, and I need your help to fix it, and you help me do so, that's one thing.

If my car is, in my opinion, running perfectly fine thank you, and you walk up to me and start trying to convince me it's broken and offering unsolicited advice on how to fix it, then I will tell you to **** off. Likewise, if you think you're qualified to be a mechanic, but you're the only one who seems to think so, I will not go to you for advice about my car, much less pay attention to your unsolicited ramblings about automobiles.

And, of course, since living a life is a bit more complicated than fixing a car, people who fancy themselves to be more "skilled at life" than the rest of humanity tend to belong to the latter category.

Comment

But what if there are children or helpless parties involved?

Obviously it's easier to say you know more, but what if you run into someone who's mentally abusing their children or a drug dealer or something?

Or what if you just like randomly make a comment not directed at anyone in particular that demonstrates a greater life skill and then they get mad out of the blue?

I only ask because I really do want to know.

Thanks

Comment

But what if there are children or helpless parties involved?
            Then you're talking about something else entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by skittalion View Post
              Have you ever noticed that if you are more skilled in mechanics, or baking, or flying, or etc. than someone else, and tell them so they don't get mad.

But, if you have more skill in life than someone else, and tell them, they get mad.

Why is that?

Isn't living a skill much like the ability to fix a car.
              Sure there are different ways to do it, and sure there are many types of cars, India Vacation but a skilled mechanic can use a set of processes to fix most cars.

Likewise, there are many different ways to live and many different types of lives, but someone skilled at life can use a set of processes to fix most life problems. If you try to help someone fix there car they don't usually get mad, but if you try to help someone fix there life they usually do. Why?
              Your skills are keypoint of your businees or job and skills take you top of the hills so don't jump from hills use skill.

Comment

Working...
              X