responsible teachings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• responsible teachings

What are your thoughts towards the fact that any dirtbag off the street can often learn dangerous martial art without being tought the more important part, the philosophy behind the strikes and kicks..?

I think its the duty of all trainers to know their students and trust them to use their martial art skill for good.

What do you guys think and have you any bad examples or good ones to share?

Tomas

I think there are plenty of bad examples.

Just watch the television.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

im a bad example lolo

alot of the commercial schools arent run by the "teachers" but by the instructors alot of the time. whos to judge whos bad or whos good anyhow? how do you judge

honestly my first teacher put up with an obscene amount of BS from me, im almost shocked by his tolerance considering his background but people are different
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post

im a bad example lolo
        hmmm.....

alot of the commercial schools arent run by the "teachers" but by the instructors alot of the time.
        Whats the diffrence?

whos to judge whos bad or whos good anyhow?
        The Master ofcourse, they have to have some kind of a strategy to find out how students will use their skill, ask the right questions and if they get wrong answers then they have to teach them that part or just dont teach them anything at all.

honestly my first teacher put up with an obscene amount of BS from me, im almost shocked by his tolerance considering his background but people are different
        Thats no good in my opinion, that teacher is forgetting a valuable part in becoming a a good martial artist and maybe creating a big threat. What kinda bullshit are we talking about and why ??
        For me although i have not much experience, martial art is Combat/Spirituality/Philosophy

Tomas

Comment

what i meant about instructor/teacher is usually an "instructor" is somene who just teaches the curriculum but is still developing their own skills and hasnt developed that curriculum and also who isnt the owner of the school. also in chinese martial arts traditionally you need your teachers permission to open a school or to pass on the art

about judging imo there is no way of knowing how or what people will do. its not easy to determine a persons motives or their real heart. people and their ideas change also and there are alot of variables to consider. in the past in chinese culture it was easier to determine who youd teach but not all the time, in america get outta here yea right. people are crazy

and about the last part id rather not talk about it because its a part of my life im not exactly proud of, i dont regret it but its not something id talk about on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post

and about the last part id rather not talk about it because its a part of my life im not exactly proud of, i dont regret it but its not something id talk about on the internet.
            Oh come on.

You're among friends!
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

lol, its not "crazy" i wasnt out racketeering small businesses and fruit vendors with my iron fists haha

its kind of complicated i suppose. basically i started training with him and this individual is particularly open with his knowledge and is very..very good. i know everyone says that but hes a little different. anyway so he basically held back nothing and really it took me years later to realise how good he actually is as a teacher, after taking the hard road and developing alot of what ive learned on my own and by using it on others i understand why he does what he does and i wish i could go back and just be obedient

so anyway i dunno in a nutshell everyday i was high(on weed) i would show up reaking of weed, after class we would all talk and what not and id be the first one to light up a cigarrette(which in my present condition i would hate if someone did that to me after class lol)

umm, i questioned him alot and was sarcastic sometimes rude, one time i remember a kid that was training there was making a trip to shaolin and i told him hes better get in shape cause the train hard i said "its like training here on crack" and he just sighed and said something like you know im here to teach you i cant make you train when u go home and we only have so much time etc

one time i insulted a "friend" of his..umm i would come and go as id please, train 3 months leave for 2 come back for 4 leave for 1 or 3 etc id pay him late sometimes really late, show up to class late..

umm one time he caught me stealing in walmart lolo which was kind of funny, he was cool about it of course he just laughed and said 'your stealing now hahah" it was a video game i think it was civilization mythology(i enjoyed it haha) lol..actually there was a time in my life i did a decent amount of stealing espcially the comic book store they had alot of boot leg anime and kungfu movies id just go in and take 3 or 4 on a weekly basis..never bought anything, i did alot worse things then that in terms of "criminal" but ..yea.

umm yknow stuff like that, i guess to top it off i know he liked me. im talented i always have been, everything seems to come pretty easily to me unless i really hate it(like hockey haha) and alot of his students werent just run of the mill shit heads several were experienced martial arts or former teachers or navy guys whod been all around and i pretty much held me own lol and then some really but im not really gonna go there...

so yknow i guess it sucked for him to have someone like me be the way i was..i was also pretty disrespectful in a number of ways but i think u get the drift

spent a little to much time writing this now i gotta get ready to go to work unfortunately, would love to be lying on a beach in thailand getting my wang sucked but like i said in my former post theres alot of variables in life

like babies hahaha

Comment

Coaches should instruct not only the­ techniques of martial arts but its philosophy as well. Pupils ne­ed to grasp the morals and duties associate­d with it. Top-notch coaches give importance to ove­rall growth.

Comment

Working...
                X