Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Shi De Chan?

Greetings and salutations from Canada!
    I'm doing a little research about Shi De Chan (Acting Abbot Déchán 德禅)and found these two pictures on line http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwdemery/3254503539/
    Any chance you or some of your contacts can confirm if this is a photo of him?
    Muchly appreciated!
    I never met Shi De Chan, he died before I went to Shaolin. I can't confirm if that is him or not.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

thats not shi dechan.

Comment

I'm hoping to know before Oct 4th so if you can think of someone who may know, it would be great if you could pass it on and let me know.

Comment

The one in the color photo is not Shi Dechan. The one in the B & W image uploaded by the user named tanked is Shi Dechan. The Color photo is one of the remaining Da Mo Yuan who now lives in the south and was visiting the temple.
        Last edited by Uwe; 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

It’s in point of fact a great and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

My Website: Nagwagi si Djokovic Laban kay Stefanos at Nanalo ng Bagong Titulo sa Australian Open

Comment

According to historical accounts, Shi De Chan was a great martial artist who upheld the Caodong lineage of Ch'an and was in charge of protecting Shaolin culture following the catastrophe in 1928. From 1965 until 1986, he served as the Shaolin Temple's Head Monk, and from 1986 to 1993, he served in a "honorary" capacity click here

Comment

Working...
            X