Chinese Shaolin Kung Fu vs. Thai Kick-Boxing Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Shaolin Kung Fu vs. Thai Kick-Boxing Competition

From Tianya (1 & 2): November 24, Beijing Time, the Chinese Kung Fu [功夫, gong fu] vs. Professional Thai Kick-boxing Competition Organizing Committee issued a public announcement: The 2009 Chinese … More

November 24, Beijing Time, the Chinese Kung Fu [功夫, gong fu] vs. Professional Thai Kick-boxing Competition Organizing Committee issued a public announcement: The 2009 Chinese Kung Fu vs. Professional Thai Kick-boxing Competition will be held in 2009 December at Foshan in Guangdong. The competition will use Chinese wushu rules as a foundation, integrated with a portion of Thai Kick-boxing rules, allowing the two opposing combatants to use elbows and knee techniques to attack their opponent, with every match having five rounds and each round being three minutes.

Although this news should cause a lot of Kung Fu vs. Muay Thai discussion, many Chinese netizens are using this opportunity to express their criticism of the current and controversial Shaolin Temple leader, Abbot Shi Yongxin, aka “CEO Monk”.

From the 一个心灵需要自由的人 Tianya blog:
    Recently, Thai boxing champions have become crazy, wanting to challenge the Shaolin Temple, even spreading around that they want to beat the Abbot Shi Yongxin onto his knees. The five champions of Thai Kick-boxing are: “神目杀” [shen mu sha], “鬼见膝” [ gui jian xi], “魔术锥” [mo shu zhui], “拳灭风” [quan mie feng], “屠龙肘” [tu long zhou]. This time, all five champions will appear, with their original motivation being to “destroy Shaolin”. When a journalist asked whether “destroy Shaolin” was putting things arrogantly, the boxing champion 考克莱 [kao ke lai] waved his right fist disdainfully saying: “Tell Shi Yongxin to come to the ring and then see!”
    There was even a Thai kick-boxing champion yelling: “Even my woman can defeat Chinese kung fu!” Why did he say this? Apparently, there was an amazingly beautiful Vietnamese girl who had previously fought against Chinese kung fu, and that this Miss Ruan just so happens to be the girlfriend of one of the Thai kick-boxing champions organized to come challenge [the Shaolin Temple], thus explaining this kind of talk.
    Shi Yongxin is the Shaolin chairman/director, Director Shi for short, and normally occupied with important matters, like being busy having meetings, driving BMWs, making mobile phone calls (very niubi, using both China Mobile and China Unicom), using the computer…though I’m not sure whether or not he still eats meat? …anyway, [he] is skilled in various kinds of combat, and I hear his “internal force” is strong, a master who does not reveal his abilities, and we can now finally witness his power!
    What is Thai kick-boxing? I’ve never even heard of it before! Whereas Shaolin kung fu has, through movies, television, songs, etc. been indoctrinated into our heads, as amazing and awe-inspiring? What is worth celebrating is Director Shi finally stepping up, expressing official acceptance of the Thailand boxing champions’ challenge, holding a competition in Foshan of Guangdong in December. We believe that mystical Director Shi, who does not usually fight, will defeat the five big Thai boxing champions, beating them onto their knees the moment he does!
    In addition, the five big Thai boxing champions originally wanted to go to Shaolin Temple to make their challenge because Thailand is a Buddhist country, where everyone believes and respects Buddhism. “But, we heard from our Chinese friends that many temples and monasteries in China have all been developed by ruthless businessmen into tools to make money from the ordinary common people and believers/followers. [They] are even forced to make purchases in the temple and monasteries, here fees must be paid just for taking photos. Especially that so-called originators of kung-fu Shaolin Temple. It is said that they can even make commercial investments, this is unbelievable. We originally wanted to go tell them to stop using so-called kung fu to deceive Buddhist believers.” Now upon hearing that the China competition is confirmed to be in Foshan of Guandong, there is some regret…[that it is not at the Shaolin Temple itself]
    Here, the five big Thai boxing champions even insinuate that our Director Shi is a ruthless businessman! This truly is “if this can be tolerated, what cannot be tolerated?” (I remember posting yesterday that I could not tolerate anymore, yet I still tolerated)! Director Shi, please, flaunt your muscles, show off your kung fu, beat these arrogant people onto their knees, in defense of China, and for the glory of the people!
    It is said that Director Shi is a master who does not reveal his abilities, but there is nothing in heaven or earth he cannot do:

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

seems to all be a hoax...

Comment

It's not very "Thai" to speak badly of others, or challenge them in a way that makes others lose face.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

In budism, i dont say true or false, in the mantra of great compassion to end suffering of every being, om mani pedme hung, ma is the class of war beings and jealous beings

ma in chinese is also to insult

i m sorry i m too much insulting

as Tai, Thich Nhat Han, says u should write love letters

Comment

Originally posted by renato View Post

That was a really bizarre website

Comment

stuck in china it's one of the few places where i can find a resemblance to the truth... so yeah, it is pretty bizarre

Comment

A competition pitting professional Muay Thai kickboxers against Chinese martial artists took place in December 2009 in Foshan, Guangdong. The fight will be based on Chinese wushu regulations with elements of Thai kickboxing rules, allowing the two combatants to assault each other with elbow and knee strikes. Each battle will consist of five rounds, each lasting three minutes.

Comment

Working...
              X