No announcement yet.

Chinese MA school for beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oye, and there is the wugulun in songshan, i know naomi the manager i met in 2001

veg skool tuition is 5000 rmb for month, but i havent been yet

Comment

Thx liutangsanzang. I'm always happy for getting new suggestions.

I've tried yoga only once and among all thge sports I have tried (they r quite a lot) yoga was one of the toughest. I had muscle ache in muscles I didn't even know existed. I really believe everybody should try it out, especially males that think it's a sport for women only. Man, they would be surprised! But now I'm not looking for yoga but for good chinese MA from which I could get most out of it in one month only.

The problem with wugulun is mainly the vegetarianism. Don't get me wrong. I believe it's a great interpretation of Martial Arts when it comes to the diet. But I eat a lot of meat. Once started training there are so many things I will have to get used to, especially the hard training. I think if i would also have to get used to a non-meat diet in one month it would be a bit too much.

Wuwei si in Dali. I'm certainly going to get some information on it.

Ma Shifu. Is he in Dengfeng? Or are u talking about another town?

Earthquakes in Songshan area? Never heard of that. Are they very common?
      Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I believe it's a great interpretation of Martial Arts when it comes to the diet
        Sorry, I mean: It's a great approach not interpretaton.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I have some suggestions.

Don't listen to Liu unless you need advice on vegetables.
          Get rid of the girl. Chinese women are nuts. And if they have breasts, they might be men.
          Start training. You're not getting any younger. You're in a great place to do it.
          And being indecisive is fun. Since my accident, I can never make up my mind. Makes every day a new experience.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Thx doc

We split up 6 month ago when I moved to another city. Chinese women are indeed nuts omg, but that girl was a good girl and worth every minute spent with her. U dont need to believe me, I wouldn't believe any westerner in China saying something like that about a chinese girl. She actually had quite big breasts for a chinese but luckily didn't turn out to be a man. lol

As I said I will definately stay here to train. I won't leave this country before I did and believe me I can't wait to leave China.

And being indecisive is fun.
            Im not so sure about that. What I'm afraid of is that I will arrive in dengfeng just as indecisive as I am now and chose a "bad" school in a hurry. I know it's up to me only to make up my mind, but Im still very grateful for all your help believing it will make my decision easier.

It would be so much easier if it would be like in these movies, where you just show up, find this old enlightened master with a long white beard who trains you and you can be assured he's not after your money only. God, I wish China was like that...
            Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

When kill an anima to eat his flesh, do u KNOW it is nonviolence? Or r u in risk?

If u have not seen videos about anima suffering take a look at www.petatv.com

It is also said tat bodidamma taught akording lankavatara sutra who says to kill anima for food sense pleasure kuts the root of great compassio.

Ma Shifu teaches bagua in Dali.

Earthquakes?

In songshan i m not aware but there was the big Tangshan earthake in 1976, near Beijing, around the death of Mao.

Dont take risks, no?

Comment

Liu,

thx again. i will certainly consider the places.

i don't know much about buddhism. Sorry. But I know that every religious scripts can be and are interpreted in MANY different ways, especially since they are often read in the non-original language.

Of course its cruel to kill an animal for whatever reason. And there are many reason for and against it. Darwinism. Eat or to be eaten. Nutrition. Excessive killings. Animals have a soul.... I've had discussions with vegeterians many times and they were always very interesting. I highly respect your opinion and attitude, but I don't really want to discuss this here and now, since it's a bit out of topic. Sorry. And besides, unless somebody brings the ultimate argument or proof it will always just be a matter of attitude.

I don't want to seem ungrateful, cause Im not. Thanks again for your help. If you have further auggestions please feel free to share them.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I dont think i am defending budism. I used to b philosophy teacher and i try to be non dogmatik

But on ur side while u dont know u can kill, u still kill, is it a good way for gongfu? Or r u living in risk or paranoia?

All the more if u study shaolin gongfu it seems even more contradiktory from ur side, isnt it?

Comment

I told you.

Only get advice from Liu for vegetables.

And go to Dengfeng expecting ALL the schools to be bad. Keep your expectations low.

And enjoy it. I wish I was going with you. But, family life now leads me in a new direction. God do I miss those days, even though I hated them.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Ok. Thanks doc. I will try to remember that.

If everything goes well, I will soon understand what you mean by saying: "God do I miss those days, even though I hated them."

I have one more thing on my mind though: Foshan. What about the MA situation there? Or should I start another thread about this?

Sorry for being annoying. I just want to make sure to take the right decision.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:24 PM.

Comment

New thread.

No idea.

russbo.com

Comment

Ok. Im back.
                          I havent been online for a while, cauz I didn't have a fixed place to stay. And it will be like that again soon due to travel which unluckily is more out of obligation than anything else.

I haven't had much time to do further research on schools, so my plan looks like this:

I will be in Dengfeng around the start of march and I will spend 1, 2 or 3 days just looking around for a school and checking out schools Ive read about on this website.

I have some last favours to ask you guys for though:

1) How do I get there? I know its somewhere on this website. I found it once but then never again. Would be nice if u could send me the link. So far my plan is to take a train to Zhengzhou. How to get from there to dengfeng I have no clue.

2) I don't know how to find the schools I want to check out once im in Dengfeng. So if anyone knows the adress, would be nice to tell me. I need the adress of these schools:

Shi De Cheng's School
                          Shi de Yang's school
                          Shi Heng Fu's school
                          Tagou

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot,

Finally, Doc, would you mind if I drop your name when Im at De Chengs? I would like to tell the people there that it was through you that I found their school. Please let me know! thanks!
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I can't remember where the travel advice is either. Do try to read the Shaolin FAQ area of the site, there are some pearls of wisdom interspersed with all the shit.

In Dengfeng, you can take a taxi, preferably one that looks like a taxi, for about 240 Yuan. It's now about one hour by the new highway to Dengfeng. Every taxi driver knows where Shaolin and Dengfeng is. That won't be an issue. Just be careful which one you take, and be careful of the price that you're asked to pay.

I don't recommend buses. Especially Chinese ones. Unless you have a good six hours of free time on your hands.

DeChengs school is on the northern end of Dengfeng, towards the TaiShi Shan mountain range. Most tuk tuk drivers in Dengfeng know where it is. DeYang's school is on the main drag, left side of the road, on the main road right before you enter Dengfeng city proper. All tuk tuk drivers know where Tagou is. I don't know a Heng Fu; good luck with that one.

Drop my name where ever you want. That and twenty bucks will get you a lap dance in Las Vegas.

russbo.com

Comment

if you want to find master shi deyang's school its on "shaolin avenue" and called "wuseng houbeidui".

if you're taking a taxi, tell them its nearby zhongyuemiao, the daoist temple. they'll know where that is.

otherwise, a safe bet is to get in touch with the first school of your choice so that you'll have a pick-up or travel companion from zhengzhou take you back to dengfeng and their school.

Comment

In Dengfeng, you can take a taxi, preferably one that looks like a taxi, for about 240 Yuan. It's now about one hour by the new highway to Dengfeng. Every taxi driver knows where Shaolin and Dengfeng is
                                I suppose you meant I can take a taxi from Zhengzhou to Dengfeng.
                                Thanks a lot. I'll consider taking the bus as well, since time is not as big an issue as money is.

By the way. I found it in the FAQ but couldn't open it since it's under construction or so.

Thanks a lot both of you for the help. Hopefully it will work out.
                                Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X