Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chinese MA school for beginners

New thread.

No idea.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

wogboy Guest
    Ok. Im back.
    I havent been online for a while, cauz I didn't have a fixed place to stay. And it will be like that again soon due to travel which unluckily is more out of obligation than anything else.

I haven't had much time to do further research on schools, so my plan looks like this:

I will be in Dengfeng around the start of march and I will spend 1, 2 or 3 days just looking around for a school and checking out schools Ive read about on this website.

I have some last favours to ask you guys for though:

1) How do I get there? I know its somewhere on this website. I found it once but then never again. Would be nice if u could send me the link. So far my plan is to take a train to Zhengzhou. How to get from there to dengfeng I have no clue.

2) I don't know how to find the schools I want to check out once im in Dengfeng. So if anyone knows the adress, would be nice to tell me. I need the adress of these schools:

Shi De Cheng's School
    Shi de Yang's school
    Shi Heng Fu's school
    Tagou

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot,

Finally, Doc, would you mind if I drop your name when Im at De Chengs? I would like to tell the people there that it was through you that I found their school. Please let me know! thanks!
    Last edited by wogboy; 03-19-2019 at 09:25 PM.

I can't remember where the travel advice is either. Do try to read the Shaolin FAQ area of the site, there are some pearls of wisdom interspersed with all the shit.

In Dengfeng, you can take a taxi, preferably one that looks like a taxi, for about 240 Yuan. It's now about one hour by the new highway to Dengfeng. Every taxi driver knows where Shaolin and Dengfeng is. That won't be an issue. Just be careful which one you take, and be careful of the price that you're asked to pay.

I don't recommend buses. Especially Chinese ones. Unless you have a good six hours of free time on your hands.

DeChengs school is on the northern end of Dengfeng, towards the TaiShi Shan mountain range. Most tuk tuk drivers in Dengfeng know where it is. DeYang's school is on the main drag, left side of the road, on the main road right before you enter Dengfeng city proper. All tuk tuk drivers know where Tagou is. I don't know a Heng Fu; good luck with that one.

Drop my name where ever you want. That and twenty bucks will get you a lap dance in Las Vegas.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

if you want to find master shi deyang's school its on "shaolin avenue" and called "wuseng houbeidui".

if you're taking a taxi, tell them its nearby zhongyuemiao, the daoist temple. they'll know where that is.

otherwise, a safe bet is to get in touch with the first school of your choice so that you'll have a pick-up or travel companion from zhengzhou take you back to dengfeng and their school.

wogboy Guest
    In Dengfeng, you can take a taxi, preferably one that looks like a taxi, for about 240 Yuan. It's now about one hour by the new highway to Dengfeng. Every taxi driver knows where Shaolin and Dengfeng is
    I suppose you meant I can take a taxi from Zhengzhou to Dengfeng.
    Thanks a lot. I'll consider taking the bus as well, since time is not as big an issue as money is.

By the way. I found it in the FAQ but couldn't open it since it's under construction or so.

Thanks a lot both of you for the help. Hopefully it will work out.
    Last edited by wogboy; 03-19-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Na

Mo

Gua (guess cf bagua not b used for divinatio yijing akording zhugeliang)

Ne (Knot)

Shi (Dragon, Serpent)

E (egui, hungry ghost)

Yi

Ne (e)

Bu (negatio. greek:a)

Sha (kat, 2 kill)
    Namo Guan Yin Pusa / Dont create suffering / Dont harm animals!

In my point of view,one month is too short for kung fu training.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345