Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xing Wei's Kung fu Chan school in Las Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can u stay in china for a few years? not only that how can you afford that...

anyway its a thought id like to go there for the spring/summer maybe but i got a bjj tourney in may im gonna do if im gonna go i gotta start gettnig things together now..
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

LFJ, if you read my journals from years ago, you'll find that Xing Wei was fired by DeCheng back when I was working on getting visas for both of them.

As DeCheng explained it to me, and as I had watched, it was an attitude problem. In fact, some of the pictures that led to his downfall are here on the site.

DeYang has told me many times, that Xing Wei is not is student. Nor a disciple of his, or any one else as far as he knows.

As with everything else in life, when you're looking for a purchase of any kind, caveat emptor.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for replying doc.

Yeah I saw that school out here but like Maestro said I'm looking for a school that teaches actual kung fu and not wushu.

I guess I'm just out of luck as there's no real reputable place to learn kung fu out here in vegas. I saw that Shi De Yang has a lot of dvds for learning kung fu. I'm just going to rely on those to learn kung fu. While it may not be the best way to learn I guess it's really my only option.

Comment

Yep i plan go shaolin soon, maybe we kan meet (if my wife havent divorced and police give me visa. Free love is not easy thing in CHina but i tried to defend it!)

Comment

LFJ do u plan go Foshan? Maybe we could meet there as im in guangxi and guangdong...

To go Shi Deyang interest me but western prices will b too much. I m married to chinese, i dont understand why i m diskriminated and have to pay western price. I think it is not polite. Kould u do something for me to have reasonable price? else i wont go.

Thanks!

Comment

maestro-

its not too difficult to extend visas while in china now. i know a few people who have been living in china for several years, traveling around and study gongfu in various places. how they afford it is another question.

doc-

yup, i followed the story back then.

liutangsanzang-

i wont be going south this time. i'm just taking a group over to shaolin for a little while. as for the western/chinese price, its really only cheaper for poor families who have to put their kids up. i think its more than reasonable, considering everything included.

Comment

i dont think so, all the more i ve been akcepted as drukpa kagyu wuseng, i dont feel like going to skool who doesnt praktice dana, but pretend to b budist.

i dont feel welkom

Comment

then dont go.

Comment

im almost positively gonna go to shaolin in june, i really wanna do it, i gotta look into the visa info and the ticket price and stuff but besides that im thinkin mid june or so
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

lfj, well no i dont think i would go if i dont feel welkomed.

I used to be philosophy teacher,i kan teach them for free but they dont seem to be interested

In greek philosophy people asking for money for teaching r kalled sophists and konsidered by sokrates,who never asked money nor did plato and the akademy, as korruptors of philosophy...

ming bai wo?

Comment

i do, actually. sometimes i have similar issues.

but one important thing you, and i, might consider evaluating more, is: whether or not people want the help. help is a relational; it's a two way street.

in this book i once read, this guy (chinese martial arts teacher) said, if you let me get close to you, in time, i can heal mostly anyone. (i may have mentioned this before) that statement always seemed very profound to me - on many levels...

i work with a lot of people, and i could help more if they'd just allow me to do my thing, but it takes trust. on one hand, i have to be willing to listen to the person to help them, even if i don't really like them. on the other hand, they have to trust that i won't hurt them, that i know what i'm doing, and listen to my advice, etc.

when someone says, 'thank you, you popped my hip back, i've had that problem for years.' etc etc... i say, ' well, thank you for letting me help you, or, thank you for letting me be of service to you.' these are the best responses i've found to date.

i mean, even if you really know what's best for others, have a proven track record, etc., how can you expect people to trust you if you push them to take your words for granted? and how can you be sure what you offer will be best for everyone?

peace and love...

one
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

yes u r right 1, i think, thank u.

considering the problematik and methodology of western philosophy and psychology, i have often found people not willing to learn

for instance in dali i had met this daoist master from wich i was willing to learn but i asked him if he wanted to study philosophy and he was not interested

later i opened the dictionary by random, i think, and i had XIU,study...

it takes year to study philosophy in its methodology and discussions (just think about the question of what is juridikal right)

same with psychology

i am fortunate enough not to ask money for that, but i feel reluctant to teach someone who doesnt give me anything but ask me for money to do some gymnastik

from what i know, for centuries, until around 80 BC, the akademy of plato was free of charge

peace and love

Comment

is it a good academy?

Comment

Working...
                            X