Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xing Wei's Kung fu Chan school in Las Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xing Wei's Kung fu Chan school in Las Vegas?

Hey, I've been looking around for a good kung fu school and I found Xing Wei's school out here in las vegas. I saw that the owner of this website helped start the school when I was searching on google.

I went down there and signed up a couple months ago. But I just found these forums and I was reading around, apparently Xing Wei screwed over the owner of this site.

I don't want to start up anything bad that I'm not supposed to but is Xing Wei's school any good?

At first I thought it was really cool to be at a school with an actual Shaolin monk but I get kinda queasy thinking about someone who is supposed to be a Shaolin monk turning his back on someone who has helped him. I think I've read something about one of the directors at the Shaolin temple being angry at this behavior. It doesn't really sit well with me you know?

Is the school still a good school? Or are there other schools better than Xing Wei's in the Las Vegas area?

I guess it depends on ur definition of good...

If u r looking for nonviolence 4 every beings such as animals, for instance...

No?

Comment

I mean good as in if the curriculum isn't wushu but traditional kung fu and if there might be a better instructor in the las vegas area.

and I would define a better instructor as someone who knows a lot about traditional kung fu, both the application and the whole spiritual side behind it , but also has some integrity at the same time.

I guess I'm asking would anyone here choose Xing wei's school over any other kung fu school in las vegas?
      Last edited by marbas; 02-24-2010, 07:02 AM.

Comment

lol, im sure doc wrote a blog or im sure theres a thread or something ive never been the best at navigating this site but i been coming here for 10 years!! isnt that crazy just saying that..wow

anyway, what the deal was in SHORT doc took alot of time and effort and money gettings xing wei visa to come here, honestly this went on for it felt like years he was always saying the monks are coming but then this happened or that etc so anyhow, xing wei got here and doc put him up in his house which if you see pictures of it is very nice!! he also paid him and everything and as far as i know made him chief instructor or whatever of his school

then yknow basically what you said, xing wei screwed him, told the students whatever he told em, a bunch of bs as far as i know, anyway thats how i remember it via this forum i wasnt there also

as for instructors of shaolin or any chinese martial art that are as good as your asking for are very very FEW and far between. sadly, alot of people think theyve found something good even if it is traditional, it probably really isnt TRADITIONAL lolo, yknow what i mean?

i could write about your question for a long time but in the end, a good teacher is like a needle in a haystack
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

So you would choose to join xing wei's school?

Comment

no i wouldnt train with him.

Comment

Well, i have the l of same problem in finding good philosophy students.

People just have no idea of what is philosophikal method, logik and discipline.

No?

I find them abusive and think of giving up teaching....

Comment

to be honest, it seems like xing wei teaches the forms but he doesn't teach the theory behind the forms or application at all. When I signed up I wanted to learn the whole buddhist philosophy and actual application of kung fu along with the techniques, but at xing wei's school they'll just show you the form and say "ok. you do" and then walk away. I think i read an article where the doc said that he didn't bring xing wei out to teach the application and theory behind the techniques. I know that xing wei used to be on a demo team, but it seems like that is all he teaches. The demonstration stuff.

Since you guys have been around, do you know if xing wei has always taught this way?

Comment

Sokrates might tell to know if he always taught that way, u should not drink the water of lethe by knowing the miasma of ur belly....

Comment

Have you investigated this school?

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

this guy wants to learn real shaolin gung fu not wushu, although that looks like a good wushu school id rather train there then with xing wei

Comment

SO,

how to know

when a student

is a good

student?

Comment

one thing i've noticed about xingwei and his school...

he gives no credit to his former master- shi decheng. in fact, he claims shi deyang as his master instead.

i've seen some people break away from a school because they had a falling out with their masters, but when they opened their own school they still gave credit where it was due.....

they at least didnt claim a completely different master, and make no mention of the one who actually taught them.

thats one thing that strikes me as particularly low.

Comment

now that were on the topic of monks again, is anyone going to shaolin anytime soon, im thinking about making a trip over there but im thinkin about stayin for awhile.

Comment

i'll be back in another month or so, some students will stay for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X