No announcement yet.

The demise of russbo.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Doc, I think its safe to assume that most people believe the media has a tendency to take things out of context. I mean the hours or minutes of footage they obtain is edited out to a 10-20 second clip. Cut and paste the wrong things together and you sound like your a monster. I know from my own personal experiences I can relate to it. I have yet to see the special either so who knows what people will think and truthfully it doesn't matter what they think really.
    http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

well Doc sometimes you just have to say **** it. what are you gonna do? stop being who you are?

I mean, look at Yan Ming right? Jesus, all the negativity and character assasinations that he had to endure. He was supposed to be part of that documentary, but didn't want anything to do with it once he found out a little more about it.

The thing is, you got beliefs. Some people are not going to understand that. You just can't care too much about it. Let people get a negative opinion from PBS, let them come to the site to check it out, to search for the "I can't believe this guy" thing they will need to feel superior, and maybe you'll catch a few of them in this vast web of quality info and they'll poke around some more, dig deeper, get into the mud from which the lotus grows.
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Ohhhh, I didnt know Shi Yan Ming Didn't participate in the documentary. I know when the film crew were here in Houston, they were heading to New York to go film the monks up there. Anyways, I was just curious why Yan Ming didn't contribute?

Comment

lots of reasons...

most you can probably figure out by reading between the lines.
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

ohhh, sorry for the dumb question. I just been out of the "whats happening" loop for a while. It's probably better anyway.

Comment

The PBS representatives told me that there were concerns about Yanming's appearing. First he wanted to, then he didn't want to, and eventually, the producers, from what they told me, didn't want to deal with them, or him. These things are complicated, you have to remember that it's more than just personalities clashing, or, the interaction of various people's "needs"; money plays a role. As I remember, there were complications with some of the other monks, who shall remain nameless, over money issues. It was not an easy thing to put together. Having been in the middle of it, with respect to Shi Xing Hong, I can assure you that there were "issues" that had to be agreed upon before I could get Xinghong out. And, we had a few agreements that had to be settled, before we agreed to be in this (not all of which were kept).

It was an interesting experience. I still have to sit down and write about it. Yanming was probably better off not being in it, in my opinion.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

He feels the same way, Doc.

We should compare notes.
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Here

Here Xanthic...
                  I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                  "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                  "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                  "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Here Xanthic??

Is he your new pet?
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

He was looking for this thread .
                      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Working...
                      X