No announcement yet.

Alternative to China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As from what I've heard so far, there is only little doubt that I am going to hungary soon. And it is also very close to Denmark.
    Doc, you say there are many schools now? I wondered if you perhaps could give me a direction to which Shi Xing Hong (occasionally?) teaches at, and how to contact them.
    Is it the same one as http://www.shaolin.hu/ ?

btw, if I am going to Hungary, I will probably be there in July as well.. I hope very very much that I will meet Master Xing Hong sometime.
    Last edited by Asger; 05-14-2003, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I don't know if that's their site; it doesn't download.

If you would like me to set up your journey into Xinghong land for July, just let me know. I'll call him and get the details for you. However, just remember, I take no liability in any of this. Just trying to help you out.

doc
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I just found this site. It is still under constuction, but looks very interesting.. Especially these photos: http://www.magyarwushu.hu/shaolin_papok_latogatasa.html

Comment

If you need some help sending them an e-mail I could be of assistance. I speak a bit of Hungarian and some other Slavic languages. My friend though speaks it fluently, everyday with his parents.

I hope I can be of assistance helping you find what you're looking for.

But, I was wondering. . . leaving your home, rebelling against 'our' society, is that truly following the Dharma? What about the Dharma of your life, where you are blessed with ability to complete school and do Shaolin Kung Fu too.

I feel the same way you do though. I am 18 and I would very much like to just pack and go, but I plan to educate myself first. I'm going to college and I haven't yet found a school anywhere there, so I might just have to do everything myself and learn only on my breaks when I come back home.

I plan to go study intensively later in life, I'm in no rush to become a Master or Black sash or whatever, I just want to learn what I can in what time I have left. I'm very interested in Buddhism as well, but if your local kwoon doesn't teach, I'm sure there is a Buddhist Temple around.

I hope I've given some incite.

Amitabha,
          Ben

Comment

You live in denmark? Theres one former shaolin monk with his visiting master in Stockholm -Sweden, and a younger monk in Göteborg sweden who teaches shaolin.

Comment

Ok, a little late to reply. But I went to Hungary, and am I glad I did that!
              I am going there next summer too, and the next one again, and then the summer after that, i'm going to China i suppose

Thank you all for your replies. They did indeed inspire some reason into me. So thanks!

I'm now back in school, and with no regrets. The past half year was surely a lesson learned.
              Now, my gongfu skills will descent dramatically since i have little time left for training. But that's ok because abilities shouldn't be the essential part of you as a person. It is much more important to house a healthy spirit and a strong heart.

I hope you're all doing well, whatever you do

Comment

Working...
              X