No announcement yet.

Training in Massachussetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could careless which school i went to i found from my own research de yangs would have been cheaper so i was set to go see him before i cancelled my trip which writing this now i realise i didnt tell jakie shit ugh i gotta send him an email!! lolo

anyway dont get caught up with these monks bro. for sure you wanna train at one of their schools but only because the coaches should be good hopefully. dont expect to have a revelation and be all zen these guys arent the most educated and i doubt seriously are monks of any real profound knowledgeo r wisdom. what you do seem to get at shaolin though is hard work, fun, discomfort, experience somethin different, different culture etc. the problem is your a foriegner theyre not gonna and cant make you do anything its all in you, so just think about that
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

canceling your trip?!

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
        it was also obvious that jimmy wasnt very interested or respectful toward the shaolin culture and was not even trying to stretch or learn the staff movements correctly. he was just there to get to the fight, not to learn something from the experience like doug. he was just there for the "fight quest".
        That is what I was getting at. Jimmy didn't care at all about learning how to use the stick, complained a lot, and had a major ego, he didn't even say Amituofo back to Deyang that first morning.. granted he didn't know much, but come on, everyone knows Amituofo, and even if he didn't make an attempt at saying it back... watch the end of the show before Jimmy breaks bricks over his stomach, he finally says Amituofo to Deyang, and didn't get a reply... I have seen many videos where Deyang is smiling while speaking to his students, So I figured it was Jimmy's attitude towards it that had a lot to do with not seeing a single smile on Deyang's face throughout the show, not to mention film editing like you said. Doug was very respectful and intrigued by all of it.. He had the right attitude, come to think of it, If they had switched places I'm sure we would have seen Deyang's lighter side. I completely agree, It should be taken seriously without a doubt. But I did find it hilarious when Jimmy tried to speak English to Deyang, hahaha that was so funny.

I am confused by the end of the show a little, from everything I have read, Shaolin is strictly for self defense, and health. They don't agree with competition fighting.. hence why you don't see any monks tearing apart the ufc. I understand it was Sanda, but both Decheng and Deyang were there for the fight, as well as the disciples.. What is their view on sparring and competing? Also, Decheng was training Sanda fighters like Wi Tao (or however you spell it, the bruce lee kid with killer kicks haha) So was it all just for the show?

Comment

yea lfj, unfortunately my dad has been sick for a little while now with some good ups but mostly downs and i was on my way you know i got my 12 month multiple entry visa here and everything but right after it arrived so to did more bad news and its just to much right now, honestly summer-fall in shaolin would have been sweet, now im just here. but it is what it is id rather be here now then anywhere else

either way, ill get to shaolin sooner or later hopefully sooner then later cause i really wanna do other things aswell

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your father, I hope everything works out. I wish him well.
            Last edited by DannyB784; 06-13-2010, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your father, I hope everything works out. I wish him well.

Comment

If you do get the opportunity to go to Deyang be sure to let us know, It's be cool to see a familiar face.. Well, not face but you know what I mean.. haha

Comment

yes several people have been there and actively reported their stay, its always cool to hear about someones story at shaolin i been coming here for 10 years so ive heard alot of stories unfortunately my story is still in the works..

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
                    i assume you are talking about the conditions of his school. you should see it now, doc. there are western toilets and showers, brand new a/c units installed, the entire external of the building is painted, cafeteria refloored, etc.)
                    I think I found a good video depicting what Doc was talking about... regardless I would be able to deal with the conditions.. But I did have one concern. I noticed they washed their arms and faces from a bowl of water, while wearing their training outfits. It's a good video as far as not sugar coating the experience, it speaks true to what Doc was saying. Still doesn't deter me one bit, but I do hope they have the showers now! Again, this film ends with a fight, So I guess I was misinformed as usual.. I suppose if you're wearing gear and doing it for friendly competition they must not have a problem with it? Man, i'm gonna get my ass kicked haha

I made an attempt at embed video for Doc, haha didn't work.. might be too big, had a red exclamation point symbol next to the file when i tried to upload it.. im computer stupid Doc : /

Comment

You can't embed a video that is a downloaded file. You can embed a video that is streamed from a server, such as Youtube. Or, you can upload that file, into Youtube or russboTV.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

ohhhh ok that makes sense. sorry I know I'm a dumby

Comment

Here we go, that was easy. Just a stupid video but it cracks me up, just for laughs.

Comment

Just got home from the karate kid. Great movie, I am happy Jackie Chan did not attempt to replace Miagi, I enjoyed it a lot. More than anything, I enjoy the affect Kung Fu has on people... As we were walking to the car, a little boy was practicing kung fu moves with his father, and laughing and having fun. I hope he takes up kung fu. Had a great night : )

Comment

Well, you know what they say. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

You do kung fu, your son probably will, to some degree.

I have to get back into it, for my little guy's sake
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

that's true. I hope when I have a child someday that he will too. It's a good outlet to have, keeps you off drugs, helps you to be confident, and above all, they can protect themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X