No announcement yet.

Training in Massachussetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just see a red x. i like tattoos also and i have 7 although i wish there werent below the elbow only 2 of them arent and i love them and everything but in retrospect i wish i had put them in other places cause ive missed alot of decent jobs cause of them but anyway your idea sounds good to, koi and whatnot thats good. none of mine have faded but then again i dont go tanning or anything
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

figured it wouldn't work.. came up as a blue question mark for me.. anyway

yeah I got my first tat back in high school. I didn't take care of it, i'm sure I tanned too much, used to use lotion n shit which i heard can pull the color out of it.. I know what you mean, some people like em, some don't.. mine are only on my arms for now.. but with a serious job i'd definitely be required to wear long sleeves.. but if I enjoy them, who cares what other people think. I'm glad you like tattoos as well, it's my favorite form of self expression, aside from music of course, or kung fu : ) it definitely needed some touching up. Here's the link to my facebook photo, maybe this one will work.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=585804965

Comment

OK, lets get back on topic, or start a new one. Here's your katoey reader. Maestro, you definitely need to understand this before you go to Thailand...

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

hahaha i thought we moved away from this topic? jk jk.. I suppose it is useful information, so we don't end up like Spenny : )

Comment

I have a student that moved to western MA, looking for a Kung Fu school and was unable to find anything traditional (never mind Shaolin). We teach traditional Shaolin (very traditional), but we are in Cambridge, MA, so that is not very convenient. I study with Shifu Shi De Cheng and he visits my school twice a year to teach. Good luck with your search.

Comment

cambridge is a bit of a trip, but not as far as China! I was looking into Jade Forest as Decheng visits there as well.. but that is even further. I'd be interested in checking it out, let me know if you have a website, or the name of your school, and when he will be making a visit. All i'm looking for is a place to get started.. there is nothing traditional around here, I'm going to St. Louis in August for an Immersion program (12 hours of training) follows the schedule in China.. Nothing else like it here in America.

http://www.shaolinchancity.com/immersion10.html

It is Deyang's only branch here in the US, so my plan is to start there.. I wont find a full day of training like that anywhere else.. when I know I can somewhat handle the grueling training.. i'll go to China.. It's a shame that there's not many official Shaolin schools here.. or a temple for that matter.. there should be, but different culture I suppose.. We need to get with it in this country.. too much idle time to get in trouble, haha I wasted way too many years.

So, to travel to Cambridge to try a class would be no problem, as I have yet to find anywhere else here in MA. Closest I've found is NY, and i still can't be sure on the validity of the schools I've found. so I'll need to travel no matter what school I choose, to me if it's what i've been looking for, it's worth it.

Comment

check it out guys, Kung Fu bday presents : ) waxwood stick, 3 section staff, 9 section whip chain, nunchakus, and last but not least, a China travel guide is always good : )

Comment

The nunchakus and three section staff might be illegal in MA. They are in some states, and MA, well, liberal anti gun, don't carry them in the streets!

I take that back.

They are illegal in MA.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

yes I am aware, MA has some really stupid laws. I had them shipped to my bros house in CT.. I've had many pairs of nunchakus since i was a kid, as I live close to CT and had family to ship them to.. they will never leave my house.. But really, I am more a danger to myself than to anyone else.. I'd crack myself in the head with the 3 section even attempting to go after someone else with it.. haha so i'm far from a threat.. VERY STUPID LAWS!! I love how we can own guns in this state, and pepper spray and carry baseball bats around in our cars, even buy a glass bong as long as we pretend its for tobacco, but link a piece of wood with a chain and OHHH NOOO WATCH OUT! I can't stand MA I look forward to moving somewhere else. But, I wont leave the house with them, never have, never will, so no worries. It's just for fun and practice.. expand my knowledge of kung fu, nothing more. The whip chain I'm starting out very slowly with.. don't want to hurt myself. the 3 section is foam and I've already cracked myself a few times, so i'm glad i didn't get waxwood. The nunchakus are hardwood, but I've had some experience with them enough to not hurt myself too much.. every now and then a little mistake can be costly.. but so far so good. Thanks for the heads up though just in case, but I am already aware.. MA is stupid about everything.
                    Last edited by DannyB784; 06-29-2010, 04:32 AM.

Comment

When I was learning the nine section whip (mine had eleven sections), I wore glasses to protect my eyes. You might want to use some racquetball eyeware if you're going to start messing with that, especially with no one to show you how to use it.

Hell, even with someone showing you how to use it...

russbo.com

Comment

good advice, I have some carpentry glasses I can use for now, I'll look into some sport glasses too. It's not a bad idea considering the insanely sharp, heavy dart on the end. I think i might grind it down a little.. it's a very sharp tip and scary.. I swung it around a few times but nothing crazy for now, you're right, all i have for now is some random youtube tutorials, but i found some good ones with actual martial artists giving the tips not random idiots, but it's definitely a weapon I'm going to be very careful with. Thanks for the advice Doc, could save me an eyeball, haha. Hope you're doing well.

Comment

glasses are good, but your better off putting a tennis ball or something similar on the end of it, eyes you need but i could live without them, other things...not so much!! lol
                          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Hey Doc,
                            Just wanted to drop by and say hello and wish everyone well. I was watching a shoalin documentary and you popped up near the end, I saw a guy talking about Shaolin and I said Hey that's Doc! haha, I didn't know you had a pimpin Ferrari! Nice car Doc, and an even nicer house! It's cool to see someone who's living well, and is still down to earth, very cool. I hope you are doing well, I've been working a lot and saving money for a trip to China. Been busy and haven't gotten on here in awhile, i've been out of the Russbo loop!

Comment

The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 먹튀사이트

Comment

Working...
                              X