Tai Chi Tai Chung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tai Chi Tai Chung

Hi, I'm learning Kung Fu and Taiji Quan and am just wondering if you could tell me what system these forms are from. My Taiwanese friend learned them from his uncle who simply called them "Southern Shaolin". I know a lot about the so called southern styles but have never seen anything like these forms. I think these are the 1st and 3rd forms in the system. I've found some videos and blogs on the net about the first one, and it seems to be practiced primarily in Taiwan. Any information you could give me would be nice!

I have no idea.

I see some aspects of Chinese gong fu in it, but I also see some Japanese kenpo. I think Onesp1ng might know better, as he used to live in Taiwan. Now where is that boy when you need him....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

it says 復興拳 (fùxīngquán), literally meaning "rejuvenating boxing", but fuxing (fuhsing) is also the name of a township in taoyuan county, northern taiwan.

never heard of it myself, and it doesnt look particularly chinese at all.

Comment

LFJ, was there a lot of Japanese influence in the martial arts practiced in Taiwan? This clip has some, and I mean few, similarities to Nan Chuan, which was a southern Chinese form. It had a lot of the rigidness and straight arm type maneuvers, as found in the Japanese arts. (I had learned it in Shaolin, of all places...)
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

that looks like karate. really it looks like karate for hippys
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

really it looks like karate for hippys

Comment

Haha so funny, Karate for hippys. it look too weak and suitable for older people more.

Comment

The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 메이저놀이터검증

Comment

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My site:​ wagi si Djokovic sa Australlian open

Comment

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My website:OKBet philippines

Comment

Working...
                  X