Muay Thai vs Shaolin training: What's better for mind / body conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muay Thai vs Shaolin training: What's better for mind / body conditioning

Hello. I was wondering what would be bestfor both mental and physical training. Muay Thai or Shailon training in china. I'm 31 going on 32 and have always wanted to go away to train. Just to see how it is.
    Thanks for you time.
    Have a nice week.
    I'll leave this for the gang for a bit. Good question.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

the mind controls the body, and both systems require alot of mind training. the difference is the focus of the two systems. for the most part shaolin requires you to be in a certain state of mind, its not like someone tells you to focus but if your not focused you just wont be doing the techniques right, and the backbone of shaolin systems is mostly yogic postures and weapons training, alot of the weapons techs were translated into empty hand techniques. so what im saying is, stuff like standing post(zhan zhuang) and forms and other forms of qi gong which are all very important to any gung fu system require alot more emphasis on the mind imo

whereas muay thai yea, of course the mind is involved, the mind and the will are definately challenged but in a different way with usually, not always but usually a different focus.

both are good systems though, shaolin is great for health and mind, muay thai is great for both aswell but with a more combative and sport focus and probably more focus on str/conditioning but that depends on the school/individual etc

i think you should do whichever one is more fun
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

i think u might find higher meditation masters in shaolin, isnt it? if u need contacts to study for free with shaolin monks, just ask me

Comment

of course the mind is involved, the mind and the will are definately challenged but in a different way with usually, not always but usually a different focus.

Comment

The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 먹튀검증커뮤니티

Comment

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this.Thank's for sharing.

Here is My Homepage: online sabong site

Comment

Working...
            X