Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical Martial Arts Magazine - Techniques and Philosophy (ISSN 2159-2497)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Martial Arts Magazine - Techniques and Philosophy (ISSN 2159-2497)

Since quite a few of you on this board have come to known me over the years, you know that I am always attempting to provide accurate historical information. It is with this in mind that I have launched the Historical Martial Arts Magazine - Techniques and Philosophy (ISSN 2159-2497) as a bi-monthly publication.

It is presented only as a means of preserving unique aspects of the heritage of the martial arts.

To make it affordable for everyone it will be available in PDF format only.

It is available under http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/HMAM

Martial Artists have a 50% discount

In-Depth Topic of Issue 1

Shaolin Gong Fu - Myth or Reality? (A critical in-depth look at the History and what is real and what is not)

The Eighteen Lohans of Chinese Buddhist Temples (The transcribed article was written by T. Watters for the
    Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society 1898.04 Edition on pages 329 through 347.)
    Martial Arts Cigarette Cards (The start of a small collection of these particular cards)

The Last Page (Tidbits)

Doc, since you had looked at it, would you be so kind as to provide and opinion?

Uwe

Great to be back guys

ok i thought i already replied to this shit but i guess ill do it again. my bank account is new and stuff still isnt sorted out but what i said basically was can u just keep updating this thread so i remember this stuff i love all your work UWE and im going to malaysia on friday so its not the best time for me but id love to read this stuff i just have alot on my mind atm and my bank account i dont wanna mess with it just yet cause im transferring alot of funds into it
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Maestro,

have a good time in Malaysia.

I will keep it updated

Uwe

Comment

Hi Uwe! I bought The Shaolin Temple Ebook, but I can't view the pictures.
        Only thing I can see is distorted pictures or no pictures. I can read the text
        though.

Comment

Charlie,

I found the issue. Adobe has not updated the DIgital Editions yet correctly, menaing PDF files not created with Adobe will display sloppily in the software. Use regular Adobe Acrobat reader (which is Freeware) and you should have no problem.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if this works.

Uwe
          Last edited by Uwe; 01-11-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Uwe thanks for your speedy reply!

The file I got to download after the payment is .acsm which can only be opened with Digital Editions.
            However after viewing it in Digital Editions there was a pdf file downloaded into my documents folder (I'm running Mac OSX btw).
            I tried to open that pdf file with Adobe X Reader, but Adobe X Reader automatically directed me to http://www.adobe.com/products/digita...ource=acrofile

Comment

Charlie,

contact me through my private address dmsus@att.net and I will send you a PDF right-away. Also, I will deactivate the book until I have made a correction here, because that is not what I had intended.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience

Comment

As an FYI for everyone thinking about creating PDFs and using DRM with Digital Edition, make sure you are using adobe software when creating the PDFs. The magzine is fine since it was done with Adobe software but the other ones need to be re-formatted. I will start doing this this weekend. If anyone is interested in more details contact me, and I walk you through it. Its easy once you have figured it out...

Uwe

Comment

Issue 2 March/April is available now.

In this second issue we look at an actual European manual from the 16th century and its modern day applications. While there are a large number of unarmed martial arts manuals from the period available, I choose the Auerswald manual because the majority of techniques consist of joint-locking techniques, throwing methods, and pin holds, some ground grappling and other wrestling tactics. Furthermore it is far more comprehensive as for example the Hans Wurm Wrestling manual. Besides the historical importance, there is also the fact that the manual is relevant today. In 2007, the Landeskriminalamt (LKA) State Investigative Bureau in Bremen in Northern Germany started to implement the Auerswald techniques into their self-defense curriculum.

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/hm...light_3319933_

Comment

Issue 3 May/June is available now.

Historically, Bushido developed between the eleventh to fourteenth centuries in Japan and spread through the warrior class. The core tenets of Bushido are honor, loyalty, courage, rectitude, calmness, justice, fairness, and politeness. These virtues have had an enduring influence on Japanese history, culture, and values into the modern period. Thus while the Bushido code sometimes led to extremes—such as ritual suicide (seppuku) and loyalty even to despotic rulers, overall it played an important role in the dissemination of moral virtue and the moral edification of Japanese society. Inazo Nitobé provided in his expanded edition of 1908 a very comprehensive explanation for Westerners, which is after a century still the best document available for explaining the concept and the meaning of Bushido.

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/hm...light_3319933_

Comment

Impressive and interesting content, Required interior services in professional way Blinds & Shades in Annapolis

Comment

We are professional wholesale provider of jerseys, specialized in supplying Inexpensive Jerseys and custom-made jerseys. Jerseys along with 100% stitched real quality, all Figures, Logos and Labels are sewn on and embroidered. cheap jerseys

Comment

We are usually professional wholesale supplier of jerseys, customized in supplying Low cost Jerseys and custom-made jerseys. Jerseys along with 100% stitched traditional quality, all Numbers, Logos and Brands are sewn upon and embroidered. china jerseys

Comment

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of completely unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help reduce content from being ripped off? I'd genuinely appreciate it. promo codes for 1xbet

Comment

I will right away seize your rss as I can't to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me recognise so that I may just subscribe. Thanks. промокод на беÑплатную Ñтавку 1xbet best

Comment

Working...
                              X