Tan Tui or Tam Tui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tan Tui or Tam Tui

While the Forums contains a large amount of Information, I have not seen very much in regards to the 10 roads or 12 roads of Tan Tui or Tam Tui. How about a little discussion on this very fundamental skill.

Who practices it?

Which Road are you practicing?

I'm not sure if I practice it. I don't know what they are.

I have been doing a hell of a lot of server shit lately though...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Shop from the world's largest selection and best deals for traditional weapons. Shop with confidence at Wing Lam Enterprises store! High quality weapons, apparel, training materials, and more.

never practiced it, so not much to say lol other then its just one of those things in the back of my head, i actually have been thinking about this recently its kinda wierd u make this thread now...
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

In the face of cultural oppression, Moslems gained a reputation as ferocious fighters. Tan Tuy is a Moslem combat system that was adopted into the Shaolin curriculum.
        Of all the "moslems" I've ever met in China or Thailand, they never gave me the impression that they practiced any sort of martial arts (other than Muay Thai)... I've traveled quite a bit in the predominantly Muslim Xinjiang province of China many years ago. Never saw any indication of any sort of martial arts being practiced or taught around there.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

it seems by all accounts that this style was created by muslims, although i could careless at this point who created what, over the years all the history ive studied in the end anyone who really believes whole heartedly what they study in history books is retarded, regardless of the source.

Comment

Its actually based on the Arabic alphabet and was meant to make sure that the Hui nationality never lost their language. Originally it had 28 Roads based on the harfs (letters) of the Arabic alphabet. But this got whittled down to the most common 10 and 12 roads or lines.
            Last edited by Uwe; 05-02-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Feel free to put an article about this on the main site. I'd like to know more about it. Interesting, I seem to remember the Shaolin kicking exercises having a "tui" in their name...

russbo.com

Comment

Doc,

here is a good article from 1999 to get you started:

http://www.plumpub.com/info/Articles/art_TMmuslimkf.htm

Comment

tan tui reminds me of bak si lum

Comment

Working...
                  X