Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YunTai Mountain International Culture And Martial Arts School

Hi
    Does anyone know anything about YunTai Mountain International Culture And Martial Arts School (http://shaolin-yuntai.com). There are a couple of blogs that say good things about it, but I am not sure if this, indeed is a good school, or just another scam to milk foreigners.

Thanks.

You might want to read this area of the site, old advice, but still good advice

There are hundreds, if not thousands of these schools spread throughout China. Some good, some bad, some awful, most money factories. You have to be careful regardless of where you go.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks very much, doc.
      I agree with you that caution is warranted. In fact, when I started researching Shaolin Schools, all the usual culprits like Si Ping were in my short list. After reading more on your forum, I am only left with this school in my short-list. I was hoping to hear any specific accounts of this school. If this is bad too, I might abandon China altogether. I can't seem to find any secluded school where I can train properly for year.

Comment

Go for a month. Check it out. Then go for another month to another school, check that out.

You have the rest of your life to train in this. Don't be in a rush to "spend a year"; most of the people that I know, that have done that, have not been terribly pleased with their decision. Consider training to be a lifetime thing, not a between high school and college thing.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Hi doc
          Thanks for the advice.
          How easy is it to find more schools and enroll in them once I am in China?

Comment

Pretty easy. Just walk around Dengfeng, or, take a tuk tuk and get around.. You'll see them all over town. I used to keep some sort of a record of a lot of them here on this web site, but the problem was, they came and went like a crack whore on nickel night. There was just no keeping track of them, opening and closing all the time. Some of them will only cater to domestic students, so you have to be a bit careful. Look for foreigners when you're walking around, and talk to them. You'll eventually find other schools quite easily.

You might also want to investigate Tagou. It has a long history, and it is very good. They also are experienced with teaching foreigners.

russbo.com

Comment

I know one of the teachers, Tommy Wang, personally. A great guy and he speaks English. He visits my country, the Netherlands, every year to teach Shaolin kungfu. He is experienced in teaching westerners!

Comment

Shaolin Temple, in the region of Songshan Mountain, Dengfeng City, Henan Province, is reputed to be ‘the Number One Temple under Heaven’. Shaolin Temple history can date back to Northern Wei Dynasty (386 – 534), and it played an important role on the development of the Buddhism in China. Included on UNESCO’s World Cultural & Natural Heritage List in 2010, it is the cradle of the Chinese Zen Buddhism and the Shaolin Martial Arts such as Shaolin Cudgel. https://www.learnshaolinkungfu.com/ https://learn-shaolinkungfu.com/kung...hool-in-china/

Comment

Working...
                X