No announcement yet.

Topic One: Qi and Buddha; Jesus and crucifixion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wars of the Heavens will commence...

Should be interesting..

I guess I'm gonna have to have some kinda battle with Arhat...

Comment

Now that I'd pay to see... lol

Doc can be the ref.
      Cheye will take care of the multimedia
      Steve will post it.
      The Docstore can sell promotional t-shirts...

geez, think of the posibilities.

I still like mine though...

advanced member, funny wimmins that have never seen this site say the same things.
      practice wu de

Comment

Fifty nine more posts Lipster. You've got time to get into fighting shape.

This is gonna be good...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

I take a silent response as one of consent, Arhat.

Or is it cowerdice...we shall cross horns soon...

Any ideas on how we can go about this would be welcome...

Comment

Shall we start taking bets on this upcoming steel cage match?

I do assume that it will be in a steel cage....
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Isn't that the only way.....
              practice wu de

Comment

Doc, How old is buddhism.
                Because I have studied the occult, and the chakras are in kabalism to my knowlege.
                and kablalism is thousands of years old from what i know,
                P.S-Jesus died on the cross.
                And he rose again.

Comment

Buddha Shakyamuni was born in 624 BC in northern India (now part of Nepal). He originated this belief system sometime thereafter.

And I'm glad Jesus rose again. Where would we be without Him?

And what would Mel Gibson have done if He hadn't?

russbo.com

Comment

Where would we be without him? Uh, he rose.. to heaven. Right? We are here without him. I guess we'd be right where we are. Risen or not. He did what he did, right? So it's not the rising again and going to heaven waiting for some big return. It's about what he did with his life while he was here and his sacrifice for all people. I don't understand that religion much. But that's the way I look at it. I'm just a simple buddhist anyway.

a mi tuo fo
                    -Xing Jian

Comment

nightstrike -

a lot of kabbalism as it's taught today is not strictly kabbalism, and incorporates good ideas from all over the place, like, for instance, the idea of chakras. what is found in traditional kabbalism is something called the "tree of life", which consists of 10 different points in the human body that are pretty chakra-like (but in different places than the yogic chakras).

i used to be really into this stuff, and then i dedicated my life to rock and roll.

- zach

Comment

I'm just a simple Christian,

It is written that Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was crucified. Perhaps he appeared, to other people as well. I don't think he came off the cross alive. First of all he was beaten before he went to the cross. Then after he was on the cross, he was taken down, his body was inspected, and centauren's guarded his tome. Would the romans let him live? To them, he was trouble, if he did so he might start a revolution.

One thing the bible teaches is that to test spirits. Not all angels of light are good. Perhaps one appeared and said it was Jesus.

There were written records surrounding his death from first hand witnesses, namely his disciples.

I don't want to offend anyone. If so I apologize. Well, yet. I thought since this topic got into the subject of Jesus, I should talk on it.

question two how do you see chi? I think it's quite possible that we have chi. But what is it? I think it's problem a more powerful brain muscle.
                        http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

We can't see Qi. But we have proof of it's existence. Only we can't see it. Just like air. We can't see it. But we believe it is there. There is proof that you can find on your own. It's there. They are pretty much the same anyway. But god, we can't see. And there is no proof of existence of god. So to people who believe in god but don't believe Qi, how do you explain that? Believe something that can't be proven. But don't believe something that can and has been proven? I don't get it....

A mi tuo Fo
                          -Xing Jian

Comment

I'm still wondering what "qi" is.

I agree with you one doesn't need to know that air is there by seeing it but by it's effects. Personally, some of what people talking about when they talk about energy is chemical balance. I believe if it's science then everyone can believe it.

Comment

"Qi" in Chinese language is in the word "kong qi". Meaning air. "Tian kong" means sky. "Tian" meaning the sky and "kong" meaning vastness, empty space. So then "kong qi" is from two characters. "Kong" is empty space of the sky and "qi" is gas or air, like oxygen. Making "kong qi" mean the air that is all around us. "Qi" air, gas, vapor. We breathe it in and it's in our body. Oxygen flows in our blood. And we can learn to control the flow of it within our body to concentrate one point. Which is used for Iron Qi Gong. Qi Gong is translated as internal energy training. So here "qi" means internal energy. When we breathe in the air it is used as energy. Without oxygen in our lungs and flowing through our blood, our skin will loose it's color and we become weak and lose our energy. So there, "qi" is the air breathed in and used as energy within the body that we can learn to control. Proof of that is the Iron Qi Gong skills of Shao Lin.

A mi tuo Fo
                              -Xing Jian

Comment

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the languages lesson.

Comment

Working...
                                X