No announcement yet.

Traditional Gong Fu in Shaolin Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wushuspear, just say the word and we shall prepare for your arrival.

Only the best goddesses shall be presented for your enjoyment. I shall get the troops rounded up as soon as possible.

lol,
    doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

DeYang and YongXin

3. while i was visiting gene i got to see some footage of a traditional kungfu demonstration for the symposium. it was performed in front of the temple gates and in front of the abbot. DeYang performed Da Hong Chuan. He bowed and showed respect to YongXin from what it appeared.

My take is that YongXin is officially the abbot, he is in control, so no matter what beef you had with him prior to him becoming abbot....he is the leader of your order. And as doc has said, it still isn't clear if all these changes he is making are for the better or the worse. time will tell.

my 2 cents worth about .0002 cents Canadian,
      kungfud0rk

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking end of summer trip to Vegas, hopefully we'll be able to get in both day and night training doc....
        practice wu de

Comment

so, doc, how does this all effect you? Does it make it harder to get monks, to come to your school?
          http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

P.S. If I come, don't "round up the troops".

Comment

Doesn't affect me at all. Unless I end up in some Chinese prison....

I've got a working relationship with the older monks, and, with the Henan government run Shaolin Temple Wushu Guan. Which, is not "related" anymore to the temple.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Hmm, so you just keep the palms greased then you alright?

Comment

Keeping the palms happy is one way to get through life.

It's not my way, however.

I find that honesty, dependability, and trustworthiness get you further in life, in the long run.

russbo.com

Comment

traditional kungfu, v wushu

hi, hate to ruin this wonderful political tet a' tet, but when you say traditional shaolin kungfu, what exactly do you mean???

If wushu, has a slightly different meaning today, than it did way back when,

what would be considered the elements of traditional kungfu.

or more correctly, how should you tell the two apart? (kungfu/wushu).

Comment

I have a section on this, in the Shaolin FAQ part of the site.

Site Content / Shaolin / Shaolin FAQ. I think.

russbo.com

Comment

tx, doc. i'll get to the faq sheet today.

i read the wushu article, liked it.

guess i wanted you to elucidate more on the differance between fighting kf and competition kf.
                        you know, some doc insights.

to make a short story long, in my mind, wushu means "show" something to watch. whereas kungfu (traditional) means fighting. I believe that a major move is underway to move traditional fighting away from the mainstream cultures, in favor of the Touring demonstrations.

in short, i think that governments want to eliminate self defense training for the common citizen.

but then again, i used to eat boogers when i was a kid.

peace

onefocus.

Comment

LOL, it would be funny to watch what your one focus was back then.
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                          X