forum for and about chinese language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum for and about chinese language

One thing that i'd really like to see here on the disussion forum among the heaps of other forums for specific uses, is a forum where people who study or speak chinese can discuss and help out eachother in their studies.

I for one, have many times wished to ask qeustions about various specific characters, but found nowhere to do this.

It's a shame, because I am under the impression that some of us here can speak or write chinese or have interest in it.

I can create a new sub forum for chinese language. But, I really don't know how to get the chinese characters uploaded into this, unless you submit them as image files (jpegs or gifs). I guess we'd all need Twinbridge or something, and even then, I don't know if the forum will accept the characters.

Can somebody head on over to VBulletin and see how we would do this?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Well, images will do fine. But so will text...

Of course, there might be some fancy hightech-kickass-servertrick that automatically translates text into images.. but i've just never heard of a such trick

Comment

The new Vbulletin, version 3, supposedly will provide support for Chinese language packs. I'll look into instaling that onto the server, once VB 3 comes out, bug free, that is. If people want a separate forum for Chinese language discussion, then I'll create it. But at this time, you're going to have to upload jpegs or gifs of Chinese characters, as attachments.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I've added a new forum dedicated to discussions of the Chinese languages. Should be interesting....

russbo.com

Comment

great! Now let's hope Uwe or someone with good skills will visit that forum.

Comment

I am interested in such topics so I will address page where it is cool described. CPA Firm

Comment

They are detailed and explains every topic perfectly. Its simply because of the talented and skilled writers on this site. dell hard drive

Comment

Working...
                X