some vid clip links :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some vid clip links :)

found some good clips of internal MA in another forum - you may particularly be interested in the Da Hong and Damo cane click here

dave
    simple and natural is my method,
    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

also here choose publications and video clips

dave

Comment

Good video clips. Looks more southern style to me. Just for clarification sake, the "tonbei1,2" that you see on that site is not the "tongbei" that is currently taught in Shaolin. Also, the "Da Hong Chuan" is not the Shaolin Da Hong that is related to Shao Hong chuan, but, does seem reminiscent of the other Da Hong Chuan (the much larger, 200 or so step one) that is taught, in thirds, at Shaolin. Usually only the first third is taught however. This might be it, but I'm not sure, as I haven't learned it, and I don't remember all of it from watching it in the past.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

cool, thanks for the info doc. The rest are mainly internal MA, xingyi and bagua, as well as some tongbei. As far as i know only the Da hong and Damo cane are from shaolin. The mantis form is pretty cool

Da hong was interesting because of the stepping heel first - i never seen that in a shaolin form before - only taijiquan.

As far as the 2nd lot - dont know if you saw the fighting clips near the bottom? That guy is someone who really can "fight" using his taijiquan, xingyi and bagua. The multiple attack one is funny - wouldnt like to get hit by any of those

dave

Comment

more clips!

these are traditional chinese shuai jiao (wrestling) and some other bits and pieces such as Tan Tui and others.
          very good stuff

dave

Comment

just found out they are on a reasonably slow bandwidth so dont go so crazy d/l them

dave

Comment

Good finds Dave. Thanks, always provides a nice break from the daily grind here.
              practice wu de

Comment

"Also, the "Da Hong Chuan" is not the Shaolin Da Hong that is related to Shao Hong chuan, but, does seem reminiscent of the other Da Hong Chuan (the much larger, 200 or so step one) that is taught, in thirds, at Shaolin. "

I believe thats the Dahong Chuan that Guolin teaches. Which verision do others teach?

Comment

Most teach the first third of the 200 step more modern one. Occasionally, you'll find a monk who will teach the original ancient one that is related to the original Shao Hong Chuan. I don't know which Guolin teaches.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

That video of Da Hong is very similar to the one Guolin teaches. Its pretty much the same. I wonder how the other monks teach it. Anyone know.

Comment

hi ted, sorry i dont know much about it - i just found those clips on another site and posted as i thought they would be particularly interesting to you guys

dave

Comment

Working...
                      X