Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cultural Revolution

it's going to depend on how these terms are defined. if honor and pride are being used as synonyms for honesty and dignity, that's one thing. but i don't think that's how lily was referring to them.

Quote Originally Posted by onesp1ng View Post
    it's going to depend on how these terms are defined. if honor and pride are being used as synonyms for honesty and dignity, that's one thing. but i don't think that's how lily was referring to them.

Fair enough. Although it's worth noting that many cultures have this ambiguous, double (+ & -) meaning to their corresponding concepts of pride and honor (though maybe less so for honor). From what I have seen, all of them suffer from difficulty in teaching the differences between the two versions and imprinting their youth on the desired side of the fence.

I suck at history,

Are you guys talkingabout that time when that one dude stood in front of the tank?

Man he had balls, he was awesome.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

MS, you're right.

You do suck at history. But that's ok!

As for the guy with balls who stood in front of the tank, did he ever get out of prison? (That was the Tienanmen Square uprising...)

This might be helpful: http://www.russbo.com/Foundations/cu...evolution.html
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Lily is offline Registered Member: no custom title Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    As for the guy with balls who stood in front of the tank, did he ever get out of prison? (That was the Tienanmen Square uprising...)
    Most believe he was killed.

The 20th anniversary of Tiananmen Square movement is coming up this June.

This June? Twenty years, god I'm getting old... It will be interesting to see how much military and police they put out there. I remember being at Tienanmen during some government meetings; the police and military presence is impressive.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Most believe he was killed.

The 20th anniversary of Tiananmen Square movement is coming up this June.

Well then if reincarnation is true, men like him deserve to come back as gods.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    MS, you're right.

You do suck at history. But that's ok!
    lmao!

You really do have a way with words doc, emulating it is hard near impossible at times,

Quote Originally Posted by master splinter View Post
    Well then if reincarnation is true, men like him deserve to come back as gods.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....don't know about that.

It seems a lot of suffering occured during those times. I hope the best for china, as well as the rest of the world. It seems that we all have a bloody history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast