Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaolin gong fu or college; what to do with my future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin gong fu or college; what to do with my future...

The following is an email that I received from a young gentleman, who initially decided to leave high school, and continue his life journey training in Shaolin. After a few instant messaging and email bouts, during which I strongly suggested that he read "Topic Five: Shaolin gong fu or college?" (in the Topics section), I received the following:

Hi again Doc.
    I spend some time reading through some of the shaolin topics in archive. Very, very helpful.
    After reading it, i felt really .. well, not depressed, more like a feeling of worthlessness. It was as if my whole life, both past and future was being pulled into my heart, and all the pain that has occured and will occur could be felt as a pain in my chest. It was a very odd feeling.
    What have I been thinking of? Of course one needs education! One must have a safe start, first then, one can venture into the the uncertain.
    And what doesn't the teachings of Buddha tell you? I felt like some Jeanne D'Arc.

I knew I had to make the desicion. Not just one of these perfunctury promises to oneself, but really get acceptance of the choise from deep down.
    This morning I skipped my workout, and took a long walk up in the woods to think in stead.
    When I came back, the nasty feeling had left me and I felt content about my choise. Anyway, college (or Gymnasium) here is only 3 years, it's not that long, and it'll be fun and educative.

My friends get stoned every week to stay on top of all the schoolwork, but since I don't drink I will have to train and meditate to do the same.

So, I will go to gymnasium. After that, I will maybe go to china for some time (given that SARS is gone by then(!)), then afterwards I will go on with an education..

Anyways, this shouldn't really be your concern. I thank you and the people of this site very much for their guidiance.
    I hope, that in some years, I will be able to join this great comminuty of ponders and martial artists, and make my contribute to it by teaching or opening a school or even temple.

This whole dream are far better off with an education. Thank you very much for listening to "the problems of the corporate world", which i think is really what I, among many others, suffer from.

We all suffer from the rigors and disappointments of modern day life. And, ironically, the best way to prepare for this, is to get an education. A strong foundation is the best preparation for the upsets that will inevitably come in the future.

Remember, it is not necessarily better in the world of Shaolin....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Working...
X