Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice about training please..

Hi
    After the rather pointless interogation of you guys i've decided to train in shaolin kung fu. There is no way i can judge it without trying it and besides you guys allayed most of suspicions. Anyway, i'm working over the summer and i was thinking of spending the last two weeks to a month training. I was considering china but as the SARS business seems a little dodge i'll probaly give it a miss. My next best option seems to be shi Yanzi at the shaolin temple UK.

My question is, anyone have any advice on where to stay on London while training? I'm in Leicester so it's not too far away. I have no car, it's 30-40 quid on the train with about 5 changes (2-2 1/2 hours). This made me think coming down on the train everyday is probally a little awkward(not out of the question). So i guess staying in london is my best bet. How much will that cost though? Also, is it possible to train all day like they do in china? Do you know if they cater for this sort of training?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks for any help! Oh yeah, i'm not against the idea of travelling to another country to train but i guess the cheapest option would be the handiest.

Andy
    help me, i'm confused

I think Shi Yanzi has a week-long course in Surry coming up. That would be a good head start. I have no idea how much it costs to stay down here though.

It would probably be better to get a good foundation over here first, and then go to china to learn the finer points (more cost effective).
    "Bye Book!" - Ven. Damo

Comment

People regularly put up signs on the noticeboard asking for flatmates or people interested in renting a room or something. I'll check if there's anything up tomorrow. If not, I'll try and find out if there's anything available.

Yeah, the week long workshop might be a good starter. As for training all day, you can basically do that. Oh yeah, just remembered. The morning classes have been cancelled for a short while due to lack of people. By the time you come up they may have resumed; they're from 6.30 - 8.00. Then the temple's open for self training from two till about four or five. Then lessons resume from six till ten, that includes taichi and chigong. I doubt it'll be necessary to do any more hours then that. If you explain to Yanzi (maybe you should call them before you make any concrete plans) that you moved down specially to train all day perhaps he'll arrange some sort of structure for the late morning too; he's very accommodating.

Anyway, there are plans for a full day live-in training centre in central London sometime in the future, I guess when the money comes in. That will be heavy...

Comment

thanks guys. I looked on streetmap and multimap and they have a few advertisments for places to live but do you think they would be willing to rent them out only for a short while?
        help me, i'm confused

Comment

It's probably not what they wanted, but money talks. You can only try.
          "Bye Book!" - Ven. Damo

Comment

Working...
          X