Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to think about the fate our poor Mr. Poloumbo Head will have to meet, when he has done his part...
    Attached Files
    Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

hey isn't that from that "all your base" movie
      "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

Page one of the first lawsuit in Europe (Germany)
        Attached Files
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Page two of the first lawsuit in Europe (Germany)
          Attached Files
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Page three of the first lawsuit in Europe (Germany)
            Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

Translation of above documents

Thanks to Uwe for his wonderful assistance in this matter.

In the case of Shaolin Tempel Deutschland GMBH J. Scholz,

the cease and desist order as a follow up of the injunction dated February 17, 2004 is hereby dismissed at this time.

Reasons:

The defendant was able to proof that he has priority rights (time-wise) on the Name Shaolin-Tempel.

The defendant was able to proof that the domain name was registered in February 2000, and the homepage www.shaolin-tempel.de was in existence since February 2001 and the registration of the trademark by the plaintiff was executed only on July 22, 2001. Additionally, attachment B shows that the request was made only on March 08, 2001 and could be at the earliest available as Shaolin Tempel Deutschland GMBH on May 02, 2001. Therefore the plaintiff additionally does not have a priority for the company name either.

The internet domain of the defendant is also not misleading by using the term Tempel, since whoever visits the webpage will immediately recognize the content. Whoever uses the Internet knows, that domain names are not always representative of the content of the webpage under the domain.

The third page is mainly a copy of the injunction whereby the interesting part (IMHO) is the value attributed to the thing meaning 60,000 Euro.

The case was dismissed, not "won". It is therefore open for re-submission and further action.

russbo.com

Comment

An email I got from Yanchang's group:

The Shaolin Temple of the U.S just recently celebrate the 12th year anniversary last night and launching the new Web Site: www.shaolintemplezen.org . Feel free to take a look at them and advise us for the better one.
                We do what we can to serve the best to the community. Suggestion always welcome for our future. We hope we can serve more and more people to understand Buddhism and to understand the human rebirth.

Amitofo,
                Shaolin Temple of the United States, Inc
                (Zen Bodhidharma Center)

Just wondering how Yongxin must feel about this. Though, I suspect, that Yanchang has Yongxin's blessings. (The monks that are listeds as "masters" are higher ups in the temple). Could this be Yongxin's first move to control the Shaolin name in the US?? Yanchang calls himself "abbot of the Shaolin Temple of the United States" All very interesting.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that Yanchang is doing well.

russbo.com

Comment

Worst Bastardization of the name Shaolin

Ok, guys this thread is to post links or other info to the worst bastardization of the name shaolin that you've ever come across.

This link is so full of **** I don't even know where to begin:

First you have GrandMaster Chewbacca:

http://fulcrumfitness.com/shaolindo/sukong.jpg

LOL, immediately following his mug shot you have this absurd statement:

As Grand Master of the Fukien Temple, Su Kong was the first person to master all the material from all six Shaolin Temples.
                  So now this grandmasterbater is not only a master of one Shaolin Temple but six. Wait a second, am I missing something here... oh yeah there is no such thing as six shaolin temples, who the #### do they think they are fooling?

Oh and don't forget about the term ShaolinDo, what the #%#3 is Shaolin Do you ask??? Well Shaolin is a chinese word and do is Japanese, so there you have it folks, BULLS$$$t!!!

Don't even get me started on the pictures, but I will leave you with one example:
                  http://fulcrumfitness.com/shaolindo/...20sparring.jpg

Nice $^%^$ing shaolin sparring guys! It's disturbing what some people will believe!

Comment

yeah there's been a lot of mockery of shaolin-do on this forum, and rightfully so, imho.

- zach

Comment

oh goody,

I'm new so I'm just trying to get my bearings...

Comment

That Chewbacca guy was scary. But what was that guy next to him? Looked like a dragon ball z character. I wonder if these were real people or they just created some freaky looking drawings cuz they have no grandmasters. But need something to show. That's weird. Humans don't look like that.

That's funny. It said the term "kung fu" does not specifically refer to martial arts. Then what does it refer to? It said that is just slang usage found in United States and some parts of southern China. What? I'm lost.

If I saw one of these guys in their Jap uniforms saying Shaolin-do on it... man, sidekick through their chests. I wonder where their school is. I didn't read that much. Anyone want to march there with me and destroy them? I never judge a fighter by the way they look. But man, looking at those guys can't you just tell you can totally kick their ass? Escpecially if they got these high degree belts from a place called Shaolin-do.

a mi tuo fo
                        -Xing Jian

Comment

Well, I'm sure that they teach good martial arts. And, that they are very talented people. But, the history tha is depicted on the site is replete with errors. So, it's a curious observation. Make of it what you will.

russbo.com

Comment

I made of it what I would. And I'd like them to stop teaching bull you know what.

a mi tuo fo
                            -Xing Jian

Comment

Well, I'm sure that they teach good martial arts. That, I have no doubt.

The issue is a larger one, however, and that is the use of the name "Shaolin", who owns it, and who should be able to use it, so that the public is not misleaded. The issue is a complicated one, at best.

russbo.com

Comment

hehe, "misleaded"....

anyway, it is true that the term "kung fu" means something like "skill acquired through practice" and doesn't really specifically refer to martial arts in the literal sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X