This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Trademark of Shaolin

The following is from the European Trademark commision; a registration for the word Shaolin in the FIGURATIVE sense:

Trade mark: SHAOLIN
    Application number: 001967900
    Result: 3 of 4

Nice classification: 3
    List of goods and services: Soap, washing preparations, perfumery, incense, cakes of toilet soap, cosmetics, shoe polish, polishing wax, cleaning preparations, dentifrices, mouth washes (not for medical purposes).

Nice classification: 5
    List of goods and services: Balms for medical purposes, adhesive plaster, herb teas, dietetic beverages adapted for medical purposes, fumigation preparations for medical purposes, air freshening preparations, balsamic preparations for medical purposes, medicated candy, pharmaceutical preparations, capsules for medicines, medicinal herbs, medicinal tea, medicinal drinks, liniments, cachets for pharmaceutical purposes, capsules for pharmaceutical purposes, pills for pharmaceutical purposes, tonics (medicine), dietetic foods adapted for medical purposes.

Nice classification: 6
    List of goods and services: Bronzes (work of art), works of art of common metal, doors of metal, advertisement columns of metal, telephone booths of metal, monuments of bronze for tombs, vaults of metal (burial), memorial plaques of metal, statues of common metal, signboards of metal.

Nice classification: 8
    List of goods and services: Knives, hand-operated garden tools, rams (hand tools), augers (hand tools), saws (hand tools), swords, knife steels, sabres, hunting knives, sword scabbards, axes, side arms, hand tools, table cutlery (knives, forks and spoons).

Nice classification: 9
    List of goods and services: Computers, vending machines, sound recording strips, projection apparatus, apparatus for games adapted for use with television receivers only, magnetic tapes, videotapes, animated cartoons, slides (photography), computer software (recorded), disks, video game cartridges, sunglasses.

Nice classification: 10
    List of goods and services: Surgical apparatus and instruments, cupping glasses, vibromassage apparatus, esthetic massage apparatus, gloves for massage, feeding bottles, soporific pillows for insomnia, orthopaedic articles, acupuncture needles, suture materials.

Nice classification: 14
    List of goods and services: Amulets (jewelry), bracelets (jewelry), charms (jewelry), necklaces (jewelry), ornaments (jewelry), rings (jewelry), medallions (jewelry), medals, key rings (trinkets or fobs), works of art of precious metal, statues of precious metal, badges of precious metal, silver ornaments, objects of imitation gold, tea caddies of precious metal, tea infusers of precious metal, tea strainers of precious metal, clocks, watches, jewelry, vessels of precious metal.

Nice classification: 16
    List of goods and services: Chaplets, posters, pictures, pamphlets, playing cards, postcards, greeting cards, printed matter, printed publications, handbooks, almanacs, steel pens, note books, stationery, engravings, lithographic works of art, paintings (pictures) framed or unframed, figurines (statuettes) of paper mache, newspapers, periodicals, albums, comic books.

Nice classification: 18
    List of goods and services: Canes, walking sticks, school bags, satchels, umbrellas, travelling bags, bags for travel, haversacks, purses, fur.

Nice classification: 20
    List of goods and services: Bamboo curtains, display boards, armchairs, cushions, furniture, straw mattresses, pillows, decorative wall plaques, not of textile (furniture), wind chimes (decoration), wax figures, busts of wood, wax, plaster or plastic, figurines (statuettes) of wood, wax, plaster or plastic, funerary urns, coffins.

Nice classification: 21
    List of goods and services: Porcelain ware, crockery, China ornaments, busts of china, terra-cotta or glass, works of art, of porcelain, terra-cotta or glass, figurines (statuettes) of porcelain, terra-cotta or glass, crystal (glassware), perfume burners, tea services, not of precious metal combs, toothbrushes.

Nice classification: 24
    List of goods and services: Upholster fabrics, fabric, wall hangings of textile, towels of textile, bed covers, sleeping bags (sheeting), pillowcases, table cloth (not of paper), blinds of textile, banners, shrouds.

Nice classification: 25
    List of goods and services: Buddhist monks' clothing, miters (hats), suits, read-made clothing, knitwear (clothing), sports jerseys, vests, singlets, shirts, neckties, gloves (clothing), trousers, footwear, hosiery, leggings, gymnastic shoes, judo clothing, wrestlers' clothing, clothing.

Nice classification: 28
    List of goods and services: Toys, toy masks, practical jokes (novelties), play balloons, balloons, bows for archery, archery implements, targets, knee guards (sports articles), elbow guards (sports articles), protective paddings (parts of sports suits), batting gloves (accessories for games, shin guards (sports articles).

Nice classification: 29
    List of goods and services: Edible birds' nests, weed extracts for food, preserved fruit, preserved mushrooms, tinned vegetables, crystallized fruits, pollen prepared as food stuff, peanut butter vegetable soup preparations, edible fats, vegetable salads, fruit jellies, processed peanuts, edible fungus, tofu.

Nice classification: 30
    List of goods and services: Tea, fondants (confectionery), biscuits, sweetmeats (candy), chewing gum, not for medical purposes, coffee-based beverages, cocoa-based beverages, chocolate-based beverages, custard, pastries, meal, fruit jellies (confectionery), puddings, pasty, noodles, pop corn, honey, dietetic substances, not for medical purposes.

Description

No entry for application number: 001967900

Owner

Name: China Songshan Shaolin Temple
    Number: 102810
    Nature of Legal person: Legal entity
    Address: Templo Shaolin
    Town: Songshan, Denfeng, Henan
    Correspondence address: China Songshan Shaolin Temple
    Templo Shaolin
    Songshan, Denfeng, Henan
    REPÚBLICA POPULAR DE CHINA

Representative

Association name: D'AGOSTINI ORGANIZZAZIONE
    Number: 10620
    Address: San Telmo, 7
    Post code: 03002
    Town: Alicante
    Correspondence address: D'AGOSTINI ORGANIZZAZIONE
    San Telmo, 7
    03002 Alicante
    ESPAÑA
    Telephone: 00 34-965142091
    Fax: 00 34-965208066
    E-mail: dagostinispain@server.dagostin

Look familiar?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Again, this is interesting, and different, from what they've done in the US. Shi Yongxin's apparent associates, Mr. Rainer Deyhle, and his assistant in this new Buddhist organization in Germany, Mr. Coulombe, are just trademarking the name "Shaolin", which, in my opinion, is a common word, and not "Shaolin Temple", which the temple truly has the rights to.

A legal fight is occurring in Europe over this issue. Remember, Shaolin is far more popular in Europe than it is here in the US.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Celebrity Lookalike Alert....

What you think?
        Attached Files
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Cloned together....

What would the kid of those two be like?
          Attached Files
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Another "Shaolin Temple" is discovered in Europe!
            Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

Found a Postcard from that Temple

That guy sent you a postcard the other day.....
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh oh!

It seems like someone got a new toy for Easter...
                Attached Files
                Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

HAH!

you guys never rest. steve, once again thankyou for providing the corresponding (educational) diagrams to go along with the lectures..

i have a question about all this, and i might have simply missed it in that desolate sahara of writing prior to the joke posts- but what will become now of people, say, teaching Hung Gar with a school name "shaolin kung fu". they should be entitled to using the shaolin name (in some peoples opinion more rightfully than some of the shaolin temple's drones) as well considering they are living relics of the old systems.

so is wing chun, choy lay fut, northern praying mantis, shaolin eagle claw, these guys are not shaolin? i dunno....

Comment

and i might have simply missed it in that desolate sahara of writing prior to the joke posts
                    Yes, Steve and I thought this thread was kind of dry, so we let madness consume us. Funny, we both thought about the "same thing" at the same time, lol. The race was on to out compete one another....

And Cheye kicked both our asses. (Great Cheye, truly a masterpiece).

As for your questions, read this thread over again. All of it. Out of the whole forum, this is by far the most educational.

Time will tell how far this goes... (the trademark protection, and this thread).

russbo.com

Comment

WAIT WAIT WAIT

I never said Cheye kicked my ass.....
                      That Mr. Potatohead came from me.

Comment

We both thought of that Mr. Potato Head. You just made yours faster.

And my church is better than your Celebrity Look alike stuff.

So there. Let the war begin!

LOL

russbo.com

Comment

Another siting at Shaolin Temple

A new security detail is seen at Shaolin....
                          Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

for a better social life

Everybody should have a pet dog, don’t you think so?
                            Attached Files
                            Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

Oh, the joy of satire. This is unreal. Political commentary madness returns to russbo.com

russbo.com

Comment

shaolin potato head - isn't that a trade mark violation?
                                Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X