Entering Shaolin Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering Shaolin Temple

Now, say in a few years, after university and a decent knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), I decide to go to China to study with the Shaolin, will I be able to just walk right in, drop my stuff off and say 'wut up?' or will I have to go through all sorts of crap with customs and the government controlling who can train?

If I go there, will I automatically be forced upon training under some 'fake' monk from the Wushu Guan, that was only trained by another monk?

I want to have the more all around experience, and I'm not talking about staying there for months, but maybe a few weeks then travelling somewhere to learn. I want to learn about Chan Buddhism too.

Will the Chinese government give me a hard time trying to train in the Shaolin temple?

You'd need a large knowledge of Chan before you got there (rumor is that the Abbot likes the graduates out of the buddhist college in Beijing).
    practice wu de

Comment

chan

ive never heard anything like that..having a certain degree of knowledge pertaining to chan would some how grant you a vip pass into shaolin..

maybe doc will comment..

either way, youd think a temple would reward those with intuitive understanding of chan instead of a knowledgeable scholar..

interesting though..

besides the point doc can hook you up with what you want anyway..just talk to him go on one of his doc tours or something..he seems to like doing that anyhow
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Okee dokee, thanks guys.

Yeah, I have a good knowledge of Zen Buddhism, which is Chan Buddhism, but if I wanted to learn more about chan, should I go to a Zen Buddhist temple by me? Would either prepare me well?

I'll ask the temple too.

how about SARS? I think it's a pretty weak excuse to make so much fuss about, but does anyone know what will happen with it in a few years? Is it predicted to get worse? I surely hope not.

Well, I'll await doc's reply.

Comment

Working...
        X