Shaolin kung fu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin kung fu?

dunno if this is the right section to post this, but anyway...

This site is devoted to the Chun Seh Dau School of Shaolin Kung Fu (also known as kung fu, gong fu, gung fu, chuan fa), the history of the School, the Sifu (instructors)

dave
    simple and natural is my method,
    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Doesn't download here in Thailand. What's so special about this site? Just curious...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

try this one and go from there

Chun Seh Dau School Of Shaolin Kung Fu
      "The Hard, the Light, the Soft, the Bright; The Many Faceted Way"

The School was founded in 1970 by Siljo Sifu Master Frederick V.K. Dhiman 8th Rank.

Master Dhiman has been training in Shaolin Kung Fu since the age of 7. He was taught by Grand Master Chun Seh until his death in 1977. Chun Seh Dau is taught in honour of Chun Seh's "Way". Frederick achieved the Rank of Master at the Shaolin Temple aged 16 and has since progressed to Master 8th Rank. He opened his first school in 1970 and has taught continuously for the last 32 years.
      etc.

dave

Comment

wonder what yong xin would say about this?

dave

Comment

Yeah, those guys seem to be an interesting group...
          What was there 3 monks around when he tested for his mastership or whatever...
          practice wu de

Comment

yeah i borrowed the link from kfo

dave(dezhen)

Comment

Thank you for a good laugh

Dave,

thanks for making my day. I needed a good laugh.

Let's see here:

Master at 16 means that he is now the great Poobah.

Whats really quite amusing are the images of the teachers. Looking at there postures there is one thing coming to my mind:

If I would have done something like this for presentation purposes with the Da Mo Yuan or Shi Wang Heng present, I don't think it would have gone down too well for me.

As for some of the other claims there. Do like the monks do. Just smile...

Uwe

Comment

Hey,

Is there anything wrong with this club?

Me and a few friends want to sign up to a martial art, and have narrowed our choices down to either Shaoling kung fu or Jeet kune do as both of these are in our areas.

The site looked OK to me, but these comments here makes it sound like the clubs a fake.

Also, what are your thoughts on JKD?

~Sohan

Comment

Go for the trial lesson. If you like it go for it and let us know your perspective.

I just get cranky when I see Kenpo Gis and Belts for teaching Shaolin.

Studying Shaolin for over 40 years now with a large amount of time spent in Asia.

Comment

Who's teaching JKD?

The problem with JKD is that it's a philosophy. Although that in itself is not a problem, the problem lies in the fact that JKD principles are meant to free you from style. This precludes that you are to have a style to be freed from, which lies the inherent problem in choosing a martial art such as JKD. Most likely they'll be teaching some form of ecclectic kickboxing and possibly FMA. Also check out the instructor yourself, if he or she seems qualified to both teach and use what he is teaching, then it might be worth it.

I personally would stay away from that "Shaolin" school. But that's just my opinion.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

http://www.urbanmartialarts.com/indexUMAnew.html is the site of the place that does JKD and a few other martial arts.

I'm just going to take Fa Hui's advice, and not sign up to that school. Unlucky for me, it's the only school in leicester I think.

I asked my friend about the JKD club @ st johns that does free style karate n other stuff, and he said to me it's an ok club. He's been doing karate for years now, and is black belt dan 2 (15 years old). So i'm going to go with a few mates who wants to try JKD, and see what it's like.

I'll reply here, tell you guys what the club was like (JKD not shaolin).
                      Last edited by sohan; 08-03-2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

The JKD club looks good. Plus there's no harm in trying out school for free for 30 days. I would definitely look into it.
                        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

The whole concept of these schools using the shaolin name is actually going to be a topic for discussion, as I've gotten some interesting emails about it, and have a lot to say.

Once I get the new site online. Hundreds of pages. UGH. Any day now...
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                          X