No announcement yet.

Shi YanZhang's School in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've known her for a fair while and have no reason at all to doubt her. She's a very upfront honest person.

These things happen.

In may countries any American woman is assumed to be sexually immoral. After all, what most people see of the US comes via Hollywood and MTV. Add to this that people with authority and no real fear of consequences often abuse that authority. Add further that Chinese attitudes towards women are a LONG way behind what they are in the West.

It's entirely too near-fetched.

Comment

I hope I didn't seem to be condoning what happened to her.

It's despicable. It's as grave a breach of the student-teacher relationship as I can imagine.

I'm not sure if the owner of the school was the one who did this. It really doesn't matter. It's his school, so he's responsible for what goes on in it.

Comment

In may countries any American woman is assumed to be sexually immoral.
        How true. I was talking to a woman last night who was complaining that every time she walked around Vegas, people looked at her like she was a prostitute.

I told her, that, in Vegas, there's a good chance that a young attractive woman who's walking around the mall might be associated, in some way, with the sex industry here. It's kind of natural to make these assumptions, when you're surrounded by so much of it.

She understood, but didn't like the reasoning.

I found her ability to rationalize impressive. Not bad for a stripper.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

now that was just awesome. im gonna use that.

Comment

They use this kind of plug right?

All you who've been there, did you ever venture out of dengfeng to explored the bush and landscape? How's it like? That Yan Zhang school seems awfully big to me and quite foreigner's favourite. Any schools in more desolate locations such as the mountains or something? Or is the whole dengfeng-shaolin area just too crowded?
            Attached Files

Comment

explored the bush and landscape?

Watch out for the wacky tabaccy
              practice wu de

Comment

It is indigenous there.

Did I spell that correctly?
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Is it illegal to smoke it there? hmmmmmm

Can you guys give me some advice on training please before I head to Yan Zhangs School....

Money and work problems have stoped me being able to train at Yanzi's school here in London for the last 5 months. (having previosly trained there for a year). I was hoping to go back for the next 5 months, before I leave for China, to prepare myself physically. But this doesnt look possible.

Ive been keeping up with running and stretching. I run about 7km to 8km a night 5 nights a week and have a solid stretch afterwards. Is there anything else you would recommend I do to prepare, as I dont want to waste the first month in China because my body cant hack it.

Comment

You'll be fine!!! I would reccommend running up a lot of stairs, cause you'll be doing that at 5:00 am every day!

Comment

• I would go into some of your old drills and forms as well, get some reps in on those, to brush up and whatnot before you go.
                      practice wu de

Comment

• Originally posted by doc
                        It is indigenous there.

Did I spell that correctly?
                        You mean to say that the environment is in it's original state and is not affected by agriculture or similar?
                        Guess not, so maybe you mean that it has inland-climate? I was hoping for a little more detailed elaboration on the matter of vegetation and fertility.

Comment

• No, I mean that it grows wild there.

I think I spelled that correctly.

russbo.com

Comment

• Yeah, theres some of the wacky stuff right there... I don't think it would be too good though.. as it isn't the "indo"
                            practice wu de

Comment

• just checking, we are talking about ass hair, right?

Comment

• Ass hair grows wild in Shaolin.

Now, that's a concept.

No, we're not talking about ass hair. At least, I'm not.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X