Shi YanZhang's School in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi chicken,

Ive sent you an email so you should have got it if not just get hold of me through this site!
    again thanks for your help cant wait to getout there and meet everyone! chat soon!

wen

Comment

• damn the hell have i been for this thread? yknow mortal i didnt realise you posted at kung fu qi gong magazine, i just found out you got not 1 but 2 alias on that site..interesting.

"I look forward to planning a trip down to Vegas. I love your politically incorrect shaolin humour. I want to show you why shaolin and wingchun mix so perfectly."

so you know, wing chun is shaolin kung fu. real shaolin gung fu is all the same, the only difference and need for different styles is philosophy or accomodation. for instance wing chun and hung ga were taught to qing rebels, but before hung style was called "hung kuen" it was called "siu lam kuen". do you know what wing chun means mortal? if you did you wouldnt seperate it from shaolin kung fu, because it is shaolin kung fu.

just look at bak si lum, its name means northern shaolin and yet..none of the monks know a damn bit of it, although when wing lam and his students visited shaolin temple for the first tour back in the 90's the monks confirmed it as a shaolin style.
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

• "damn the hell have i been for this thread? yknow mortal i didnt realise you posted at kung fu qi gong magazine, i just found out you got not 1 but 2 alias on that site..interesting."

I have one alias. I was mortal end I was having trouble gaining access to certain random forums. So I signed under Mortal1 like 6 months ago. I am also on many other kungfu forums.

"so you know, wing chun is shaolin kung fu. real shaolin gung fu is all the same, the only difference and need for different styles is philosophy or accomodation. for instance wing chun and hung ga were taught to qing rebels, but before hung style was called "hung kuen" it was called "siu lam kuen". do you know what wing chun means mortal? if you did you wouldnt seperate it from shaolin kung fu, because it is shaolin kung fu."

I feel like your attacking but OK I'm listening.

"just look at bak si lum, its name means northern shaolin and yet..none of the monks know a damn bit of it, although when wing lam and his students visited shaolin temple for the first tour back in the 90's the monks confirmed it as a shaolin style."

They are mostly trained in modern wushu and a handfull of shaolin forms.

If your trying to insinuate I don't know my stuff you are wrong. I am pretty good at both arts. Shaolin style and wingchun are very different. Shaolin is based on muscle. Wingchun on structure and reflexes.

Also I hope your not saying wong kit is the real deal and the monks aren't. Because in my opinion he isn't that good at all.

Comment

• So what other forums would you suggest? I've been to a few and most of the time people sound pretty stupid.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

• $1200 a month to train at Dechengs!! Has rates really increased this much since the start of this thread?

Quote:

“It'll probably work out to about £120 pound a month. That's pretty much the real going rate at schools in Shaolin. Anyone who charges you more is ripping you off because you're a foreigner, and they know it!!!!”

Comment

• $1200 a month to train at Dechengs!! Has rates really increased this much since the start of this thread?

Quote:

“It'll probably work out to about £120 pound a month. That's pretty much the real going rate at schools in Shaolin. Anyone who charges you more is ripping you off because you're a foreigner, and they know it!!!!”

Comment

• "I feel like your attacking but OK I'm listening."

well, for one, according to master benny meng, wing chun kuen translates to "praise spring fist" wing at first was weung which means everlasting, but it was changed to wing which means 'to sing out' or 'praise' it was a secret message to qing rebels to pass on the teaching orally which is the fundamental method of teaching chan buddhism in the siu lam sect, via heart to heart mind to mind etc. the reason it was originally called weung chun is because weung means everlasting, chun means 'spring' the ming loyalists saw the han as the "spring" of chinese culture. therefore it would be another secret message to the ming loyalists/qing rebels to uphold the revolution and restore the ming dynasty forever. however it was changed to wing like i stated above.

anyway, thats about all im gonna post about that, theres alot more evidence the wing chun system was created at shaolin and is shaolin gung fu, the only thing is because it was never taught there means its not shaolin kung fu? if so thats ridiculous, hung kuen was developed by hung hei gwoon and he was said to be gee sim sin sees best shaolin disciple, and like i said before the system was originally called "siu lam kuen". but it was never taught in the temple does that mean its not shaolin temple kung fu? choy lay futt was developed from a student who learned shaolin wushu from 2 historical individuals and 1 supposed "mythological" monk, either way its a system that was created from shaolin wushu so how is it not shaolin wushu when it has all the characteristics of it?

"If your trying to insinuate I don't know my stuff you are wrong. I am pretty good at both arts. Shaolin style and wingchun are very different. Shaolin is based on muscle. Wingchun on structure and reflexes.

Also I hope your not saying wong kit is the real deal and the monks aren't. Because in my opinion he isn't that good at all."

im sure your great at your arts, but i dont care. i wasnt insinuateing anything like that. the shaolin wushu the monks teach is different in training methodology and philosophy, but thats how it should be!! lolo. in the past masters would always pass on one style to a small group of students and most masters would specialize in 1 style for their whole lives!! they are all based on the same principles and the basics are all the same.

i also disagree about shaolin is based on muscle, thats ridiculous. no system of chinese martial arts espcially shaolin relies on mechanical strength, all systems of shaolin wushu are developed from the 18 lohan kuen and the yi jin jing. all style of shaolin wushu depend on the strength of tendons and ligaments, the power of tendons and ligaments of the body can only be obtained through proper structure or shape. i mean please mortal i dont practice wing chun and look at my posts, i talk about structure more then anyone here, do i practice wing chun? no i dont, and i know where my roots are. not to mention every technique and energy used in wing chun is found in MY system anyway. its not like i need to go great lengths to understand your principles either.

and, i dunno where you got wong kiew kit from, i didnt even mention him.

Comment

• lol ok

There are many story's on where wingchun came from.

Shaolin is considered an external style. You need massive leg muscles just to do a simlpe form well and have a chance at applying it in combat. You are grouping together all chinese martial arts when many of them are completly different.i.e.winchun/shaolin. The reason I train them together as a combo is because they are COMLPETELY different.

I guess we should agree to disagree on this one thing.

Comment

• agree to disagree indeed, but theres no reason for it.

Comment

• Hello and good day!
                      Can anyone help me out with info on this school.Does it have a website?
                      How much is the cost for one year training?
                      Thank you

Comment

• The school has relocated to Beijing... I'll try to get website details.

Chicken

Comment

• thank you
                          i have read somewhere that this shi yanzhang and his wife has sexually harassed a student there couple years back.any details on this?

Comment

• hey chicken do u know anything about Shi De Chengs school,like how much
                            it cost per year, i dont really understand the details on his page thx

Comment

• Well, on Decheng, I'm not at all best placed to help you. Doc will be around again in bit and he should be able to point you in the right direction.

On the other matter, I think you will find that there were never any allegations that Yan Zhang harrassed anyone. It was alleged that his then-wife did. I was not there, but I do know his wife quite well, and I know many people who stayed at the school who find the allegation surprising. However, I would not dismiss the allegation. Unless you can find someone who was there at the time who can corroborate the story, I think you have to leave it that the jury is still out on the matter, not guilty unless proven.

In the meanwhile, Yan Zhang and his wife have been seperated for at least 2.5 years (and I mean physically seperated he is in NYC and she has been in China all this time). The warriors tell me that they are now divorced. I think they are divorced in the social sense, but since Yan Zhang hasn't been back to China and his wife hasn't been out to NYC, its hard to imagine how that has legally come into effect, unless there is provision in Chinese divorce legistlation for desertion.

The breakdown in the relationship has caused a lot of change for many people in Dengfeng and NYC and its probably this that was the major underlying factor that precipitated Yan Zhang's split with GuoLin in NYC and the tug of war that ensued resulting in one of the warrior's suicides. Given that all this has been going on this last 6 months, its somewhat surprising that Yan Zhang has still not been back to China, I mean the shi1t has really been going down so you think he would put in an appearance. But no, he hasn't and therefore I think the same visa problems that applied to the warrior who suicided, also apply to Yan Zhang and the warriors that came to NYC with him.

Well we will see. His wife is in Germany for the next couple of weeks, and I should be catching up with her, and we're going to NYC after Easter so I'll probably have deeper insight into all of this by the end of May.

All said, the Chinese school has moved to much better training facilities in Beijing, with all the advantages of being 40mins or so outside downtown Beijing and not stir-crazy in Dengfeng.

SHX is out and about performing these two days and we're across timezones, so if you give me a day or two I should be able to get you more logistical information.

Chicken

Comment

• thank you very much i am very much in need of a school maybe in about 6 months, i am still looking around, ill let you know how its going. again thx alot for the reply

Comment

Working...
                                X