Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those are some funky moves

Comment

• alright if i were to study bagua and xingyi/baji as the internal parts of my fighting style what would you recommend as an extremely effective external style to complement them or wouldant you? and are bagua/xingyi/baji as combat effective as the very few people who train combat taiji?

Comment

• I'm guessing we're suppossed to believe the guy on the right is controling the crazy dude on the left with his qi, right ???

Man, that's too much !

Reminds me of a Discovery chanel Doc. I saw with a Karate master suppoedly knocking down a row of his students without touching them. He also knocked his student over from the opposite side of a sheet that was held up so they couldn't see each other, again without touching him. And this master was an old fat guy. The type you see guzzling beers and bitchin about the how he wishes he was young again so he could go back to war and kill some people.
        "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

• Originally posted by baiwanxi
          I'm guessing we're suppossed to believe the guy on the right is controling the crazy dude on the left with his qi, right ???

Man, that's too much !

Reminds me of a Discovery chanel Doc. I saw with a Karate master suppoedly knocking down a row of his students without touching them. He also knocked his student over from the opposite side of a sheet that was held up so they couldn't see each other, again without touching him. And this master was an old fat guy. The type you see guzzling beers and bitchin about the how he wishes he was young again so he could go back to war and kill some people.
          It must be George Dillman:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-x4iJM2aU4

I never believed that non sense

Comment

• J-S, you da man ! THat's him alright... Grade A Bullshit !

I wonder how much money this Dillman guy has made going around, doing seminars and getting on T.V. specials pulling these rediculous tricks ?

I had a friend at College who studied Ba Gua for something like 16 years. He swore he could make my arm go limp using his qi without touching it. He tried on like 4 or 5 different occasions to no avail. He always had a great excuse though, like "Oh, I must have eaten too much oatmeal", or "It must have been the guy sitting next to me in class subconsciously draining my qi". He always wanted me to come to one of his classes, yes, he taught this stuff, where he swore he did it all the time. He said he could even drain the qi from his opponents while performing an application. But I never went to see a class.

I would like to belive it's possible. I DO belive in the ability to use qi. But I think it's most likely much harder to obtain that ability than we are led to believe by people like my friend Mike or this guy Dillman. Shizo once said "I don't believe in qi. You spend 8 hours a day smaking a brick with your hand and eventualy the brick breaks, and so on. Qi has nothing to do with it." I agree 100%. You never hear of someone who ONLY practices qigong for 20 years and then attempts to break four brick with his palm, no spacers. The people who perform these feats have been smashing bricks for years on end. The same goes for your head. Smack it into a wall every day. Eventually you can break a concrete slab with it. If you don't condition your head first you get knocked unconscious. You can say, "all those years of breaking bricks has built up the qi in his hands, even if he doesn't know it." But I don't agree. When you damage the fibers in your tissue and bone continually they repair themselves denser. Especialy bone. The small fractures in bone heal denser and denser. THis allows you to take a stronger impact the next time round. Also the damaged nerves become less and less sensitive to pain, which, in turn, allows you to throw your hand harder. Of course, over the years, this also severely damages your hand, head, or whatever your training. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this Doc... I saw a study on it through another Documentary.

You can still say that while all that is happening you are also building up your ability to distribute qi. I believe this, to an extent. But I believe most of your ability to break the bricks comes through the training. Look at Pan Qingfu. He punches steel plates 1000 times a day with each hand. He claims anything else would break. And I believe him ! His hands are destroied !!! He can't open either of 'em all the way, only like 3/4's. But he claims he can knock someone out with 30% power, and I believe him. He never mentions qi. Just punching the plates ! (for tose who don't know, Pan Qingfu is the white guys wushu teacher in the book Iron & Silk., true story. look him up ! he's a narley dude. helped the communists take out a bunch of mob bosses suposedly)

Until I experience it myself (get knocked down by Dillman or the like) I guess I'll just be a doubt'er.

Sorry Dillman. Still think your full of it !
            Last edited by baiwanxi; 03-26-2007, 02:18 PM.
            "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

• ive never recieved any formal training with chi and the like but i and a friend can feel and mess around with what we think is chi (tingly warm energy that you can will to move around) and he can drain mine when he tries and i can sometimes do it to his. BUT we can only do it when the other person is using their chi the rest of the time you cant feel theres to steal so i think that is a useless skill in everyday life but i think it might help you against an internal martial artist if you're really good. (it takes us about ten minutes of playing with our chi before we can do it).

Comment

• I used to play with my girlfriends chi and she used to drain mine.. then I married her and the chi flow stopped.. now she just drains my bank account

Comment

• that's amazing

Comment

• Shi Yan Zhangs School

I would just like to echo the previous comment on Shifu Yan Zhang's school.

It really is a good school and I enjoyed the winter that I spent there.

Blessing to all.

Shaolin Oxford.

Comment

• Hi!

Seeing that there hasn't been a post on this thread for a while, I was just wondering if everything's still like it was described, seeing how fast things change in China.

Is the price for Yan Zhang's school still 2500RMB? Still located in Beijing?

I've checked out their website, but it wasn't available in English,or I just didn't find it.
                      I also wrote them a email 2 or 3 weeks ago without reply.

Can anyone update me on this school? Thanks.

Comment

• Good luck. I have no idea. Schools come and go faster than one can keep up with.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

• has anyone been there

Comment

• Greetings Bai WanXi: later (I am typing from my iPhone, a bit slow, and my TaiTai is almost home. She is from Hong Kong. Not a GongFu girl. That's 2 strikes), so like later I will contribute much too this wonderful communique. Especially in training & travel to China. I will be making my 18th trek to China soon. Ha. This time I am after a really real GongFu TaiJi companion. I left home age 15. I found, well no it never works that way, my ShiFu GAO ShouLing found me. I lived and trained with him for 8yrs. He adopted me into his family the old Chinese traditional way. Hence my name: GaoLuohan ZuanHu. Then I found my 2nd Sifu Pai Tao Chi'Li who is Grandson Master under Grandmaster Pai LoLung. Then he found me. Said be at his home by midnight, or he will not teach me. Everybody mad at me, I flew the coop overnight. I lived and trained wit GM Pai for 5.5 years. His Qi is oh so real. I will give story's later. Those years would begin: 1968 and 1976/1977 and in 1988 I trained 7 years under GM Tsai ChiYuan. One of the Greatest fighting masters on the planet. So is his son now. Master Tsai WaySun. Like I am very spoiled. I never learned from a KwaiLo. (non-Chinese). I KNOW STUFF. I am now age 59/60 in Dec. I m soon to be know again, as I am fighting in MMA Cage Fights. Now to your proper comments. I wish I could talk Pan QingFu into playing in a few cage fights. The MMA would be shocked. I met him in Canada about age 52/55. Now he is age 67/69/70 not sir. He will knock anybody out with his "Iron Fist". When I visit his home in Kitchener. Just during our casual conversatio, QingFu is smacking away on his plates of steel. His knuckles are pounding away, in a rhythm actually, as we talk. He has these metal plates all over his home. In every nook and corner. All sizes. With this talent and Iron Fist skill. The Chinese Government folks. Asked Pan QingFu to go capture the bad face gang people. He did. He went without weapons. He not only took out the leaders, but also knocked out any gang guys standing around. The count. Pan QingFu took out 23 gangs in one year. He put about 70/80 unconscious. The others. Toward the end. Gave up and bowed to Iron Fist Pan when they saw him coming. About 30/40. It is also correct. Pan does not teach nor practice any mystical stuff. He has not the experience. So he does not believe in it. I asked him. However. He knows it exists. He knew who my ShiFu were. He knew they had great power and real ability. He cares not for such thins. Pan QingFu will teach you train train train. Sleep is a waste of time. He is also very humorous. Later. ShiFu Gao

Comment

Working...
                            X