No announcement yet.

Shi YanZhang's School in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading your answers on the forum about how much things in China costs, from hotell to food and weapons I do have one question conserning prices; How much to pay for study in the school? And to live there?

thank you! Andreas Engebrethsen

Comment

See my post in the third page of this forum thread. It's all in there. And there are other schools in this Shaolin Gong Fu Schools forum for you to investigate also.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Doc

LOL... I thought I said $100.00 per month to spend. I had no plan on taking only $100.00 for 6 months. But once I get to Deng Feng and settled in I thought $100.00 would easily supply me with food and a few other things in one month. Does this give you a better Idea of my question? I do have an ATM card and thank you for letting me know they have a machine. If I am taking a bus from Zheng Zhou to Deng Feng then what is the cab for?
        My guess is that I will get into China with enough money for Train, bus, cab, and training fee along with extra. And now that i know there is an ATM machine it makes me feel much better. Thanks!

Thanks for such the quick response. Oh, and how long are you going to be in the area?
        M

Comment

I'd try to up the ante` a bit, from what I've heard, $100/ month would be really tight, but I've heard weirder things I guess. Good luck with your trip, I'm hoping to make the pilgrimage sometime in the next year. lol at calling Asia in the area..
          practice wu de

Comment

A hundred a month will be tight.

And if you saw my post concerning the road from Zhengzhou to Dengfeng, a bus would be an absolute nightmare. One screwup on that road, (and these Chinese drivers are very capable of screwups, and not very capable of doing things in any sort of intelligent fashion) and you'll be stuck in a ten kilometer line. Buses just sit there, at least in a cab, there's maneuverability regarding roads and such.

I recommend you spend the extra ten bucks and take a taxi.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Doc

I am getting a better picture of how much I will need, thanks for all your help. I have ran into a complication with my visa. Now it looks like I will not get out of here until around the 20th of Oct. Which will put me in China around the 31st of Oct. If you are still in Dengfeng area would you be willing to let the school know that I may not be there until the first week of November? Or do they have a current email address or number (the last number I tried did not put me through) where I can reach them at, to let them know of my delay. I know you said they are expecting me in Oct. and I do not want them to think I am not coming. I should have just gone to San Fransisco, to the consolate myself, instead of going through a travel agency for the visa. They negated to tell me everything I needed to send to them, and of course being new at it did not ask all the right questions, so now things are taking a bit longer than expected. But it will happen!

Missa

Comment

If you're going to YanZhang's, just show up. Don't worry about it.

russbo.com

Comment

That's a good phone number I gave you. As Doc said, just show up. It won't be a problem. You should be able to get your visa immediately if you're an american citizen. Don't know what the problem is. Good luck.

Comment

The visa problem is working its way out, just taking longer that what I had expected. So, I will just show up and when I get there. Glad to hear it won't b eto much of a problem.
                    M

Comment

A visa problem that's working it's way out, and taking longer than expected?

You have no idea what I've been through over the past two years with visa problems, lol.

You really shouldn't have much trouble Getting tourist visas usually don't entertain many headaches. Getting long term ones, especially if you have not been to China before, probably will. They keep records, the more you go, the easier it gets.

russbo.com

Comment

Hey Doc,

Well my visa finally got taken care of and I now have it. I will be getting into Beijing on the 3rd of Nov. I know you said that I can just show up when I get there but do you think I should call them to let them know I am still planning on being there? Are the phone #'s still good that Hei Hu put in? Also are you still in that area or have you left already? Would love to meet you.
                        I hope all is well for you.
                        Many thanks and blessings.
                        Missa

Comment

Doc,

What type of electrical outlets are in the rooms at YanZhang's school. Folks here at home are wanting to know. Plus if I bring a cd player with rechargable batteries it would be nice to know that I have a place to plug into. I really appreciate all you help.
                          Missa

Comment

Well, if you go to Radio Shack, and buy the Asian plug (two round poles) adaptor that you can fit the US plug into (provided that your CD player charger is 110 -220 Volt compatible), you should be ok. If your chargers are not 110-220 V universal, then you need to also buy a 220 V to 110 V power converter. Most Asian plugs consist of two little round poles (we use flat poles).

I'm no longer there. I'm back home, got enough monks here to keep me busy. And don't worry about calling them, just show up. I had told them back in September that you were coming.

russbo.com

Comment

There is now a video of Shi Yan Zhang's school in the Video Library of this forum.

russbo.com

Comment

Video is cool!! The place looks massive!! Doc, what are you impressions of the school now youve been there? And was that a westerner i saw sitting in one of the rooms you filmed? hehe Looked like they had better computers than my workplace haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X