When will this heal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will this heal?

This was probably your first question when you got injured the first time; you were training with such excitement and BAM! You had to stop for a while.
    We all know the best medicine... patience. But who wants to wait? Unfortunately, the only choice is to get some rest and take some days off.
    So tell us, what was your first injury?

My first injury occured only seconds after I was born, I had so much of that slime on me the doc couldn't quite keep a hold of me. The next injury was some time after this when I fell down the stairs... oh wait, is this supposed to be training related...

I blew my knee out working on a bag, that sucked, it took a month to get back into training, and three months before it was full time, six months until I had a true 100% recovery (even though it still hurts).
    practice wu de

Comment

LOL, I've seen this "slippery baby" stuff a few times in my career. Slimy little footballs they be sometimes...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

dude my first month in bjj i cracked 2 ribs, i came back a month and a half later and rolling with my teacher i broke my finger

right now i must have a bruised rib or maybe a hairline fracture cause i was getting kneed in the ribs and i heard one click and then pain but it was nothing compared to the first time so i think its not so bad

something good to gloat about is i have only been doing this a little while but a collegiate wrestler came to our school from an mma club limme tell ya this guy is monstrous lol 6'4 atleast its hard to tell cause im 6'2 and im not used to looking up but guy is solid 280 pounds man i was like geez. but i went at it with him he got me good man he threw me around like a rag doll lol, i was even thinking about the fact that i was grappling a wrestler lol but just so you guys know im only 210 im pretty solid aswell but this guy is just ridiculous

the good news anyway was i submitted him with an arm triangle, i had him in half guard or he had me whatever dude is so big i felt like i was floating lol i was like shit this isnt good. i was going for a brabo variation of the figure 4 which ive never done before lolo but i went for it he tried to shrimp out then i got him in side conrol immediately gave up the brabo choke and said **** it his arms are so big i went for the arm triangle which another one ive never done he fought it good almost beasted out of it but i got good position and applied my leverage and submitted him

very satisfying lol espcially being injured, hopefully next time he wont kill me lolo

oh and i was never really seriously injured from any gung fu training, i got an infectioin in my legs in hong kong once but thats it and that was a fluke really. i hadb een kicked in the ribs and stuff and nothin, bjj is really takin it to me haha
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
          dude my first month in bjj i cracked 2 ribs, i came back a month and a half later and rolling with my teacher i broke my finger
          Dude, time to get a new teacher.

Bones can take two months plus to heal, depending upon where they are, what stresses are put on them, and how mobile or immobile they are. When dealing with ribs, it can either be bone or cartilage fracture, depending upon where the injury is. And with ribs fracture, one always has to be concerned about pneumothorax.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

heh, my teachers a good guy he didnt break my ribs or tell me to train injured or anything i came back when i felt like i was "ok" even now he doesnt know im injured save my finger being broken.. but really hes a good teacher

just looked up pneumothorax, thanks for doing a good job of scaring me

Comment

just found this

he says 4 to 6 weeks also is what i was told but i didnt neccesarily take it easy

Comment

It depends upon what you think is "healed". I'll post a long diatribe on bone healing, in the next few days.

Four to six weeks sees a healing bone fracture, but it is mainly soft callus, and not strong calcified repair. At two months, you are getting the fracture starting to see some calcification. To get to normal strength, again, depending upon the area, takes three to six months.

Be careful what you read on websites.

Especially this one...

russbo.com

Comment

i believe it for sure, i was supposed to take it easy my first time around and i didnt, so it didnt heal so fast and even when i felt ready to go back i knew it wasnt healed it was just good enough lol

Comment

After starting the training, the injury process begins to start.
                    Last edited by timmothysmith01; 07-25-2023, 12:49 PM.

Comment

My first injury was that I was in training and got injured during training, it was very painful. But it was healed in 3-4 days. In case you are training BJJ, then you will possibly suffer from harm somewhere along your journey. Because of the pressure located on the joints, these areas can effortlessly emerge as injured through habitual training, and managing harm may be very irritating as it commonly means time far away from the mats.

Comment

Working...
                      X