No announcement yet.

The transition towards wushu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those of you training under a monk.......how many fights have your teachers gotten into and had the opportunity to use this discipline?

it make no difference if we train under a monk or not, I m not training under a monk, but he is as good as a monk. He had to use his knowledge severall time during his life, and he would probably not be teaching us and even walking if he had not trained.
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

So to be perfectly honest I've havent really ever been in what I would call a real fight. I've had the oppurtunity but the last few times it happened (despite the usual martial artist's urge to "test yourself") I either dissolved the situation with words, or in the case of an all out brawl at a friends party last winter, just went around putting people in choke holds while pulling them off other people and saying "I'm not trying to hurt you." in the hopes that they dont slug me when I had let them go a moment later. Its an interesting thing putting a guy in a full nelson and then using bodily momementum and your right leg to make sure you both dodge/block the attacks directed at him while your subduing the poor guy.

The only time I would say (except for the aforementioned story, where I was walking around in a massive fight not fighting people) I say was in a "real fight" was in fifth grade. A larger kid decided to bully me around a bit. I didn't budge an inch to his verbal requests that I give him my shirt. So he threw a couple of punches at me in the hallway while everyone else gathered around in a semicircle. I can't honestly remember if I felt adrenalene release, but I remember that I was calm, and that I was reacting without thinking. In fact I was not doing any thinking at all during the sorte. So he threw a half-assed left jab at me, I blocked it without thinking. Then he threw an even uglier right hook/jab sort of wierd punch, and I again blocked it without thinking, but this time I had blocked it directly into a steel locker. Because his punch was almost parallel with the locker, and i deflected his strike into it so that only the knuckle of his index finger absorbed the full impact, it hurt him quite a bit. So I accidentally made him sprain his wrist and nearly break his hand by simply reacting without thought and blocking his punch into a locker.

Now I wouldn't call that zen. But there was a certain degree of training subconsciously taking over. And there was a certain degree of mindfullness, but it was the definatly the reactive subconscious mind taking over. Probably a result of the first sort of training bungle mentioned (bastardized samurai zen) and not meditation.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

ok, so forget about it being a monk. more importantly, i'd also like to ask if you guys have ever SEEN your teacher or really anyone else who THROUGH PRACTUICE reached a point where you saw them fight and they had no adrenaline or did not have some physiological reponse to a fight.

Comment

So to be perfectly honest I've havent really ever been in what I would call a real fight. I've had the oppurtunity but the last few times it happened (despite the usual martial artist's urge to "test yourself") I either dissolved the situation with words, or in the case of an all out brawl at a friends party last winter, just went around putting people in choke holds while pulling them off other people and saying "I'm not trying to hurt you." in the hopes that they dont slug me when I had let them go a moment later. Its an interesting thing putting a guy in a full nelson and then using bodily momementum and your right leg to make sure you both dodge/block the attacks directed at him while your subduing the poor guy.

The first time I was in a real fight, but I mean a real real real fight, was at school, a stupid guy, but stupid like nobody, he took a sponge and put it on my head, for 4 years I control myself and dont kick him but this time it was enough, I began kicking him, him and hgis friends trying to protect him...I can assure you the things I learn in my training did not disappear, I manage to put ko one of his ffriend, and to discourage the other, and when finally I was in front of the guy, I imagine what my master would do at my place, and then I just let him go without any damage (no serious damage). To conclude I think we could say martial art training is not only physical training but also mental, and maybe more mental than physic.
          call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

dogchow, what did you mean in : you guys have ever SEEN your teacher or really anyone else who THROUGH PRACTUICE reached a point where you saw them fight and they had no adrenaline or did not have some physiological reponse to a fight.

Comment

Well. I don't recommend getting into street fights. I don't recommend dangerous, realistic samurai training and i think for a lot of you meditating as much as a monk does is out of the question. Try some basterdized zen maybe. Look into the subject maybe. Try silva mind control, probaly help. You need to condition yourself basically.

Conditioning is like, you look at a can of coke and associate certain feelings and thoughts to the can. Your conditioning could make you display a emotional pattern of being a compulsive liar, despearate for approval or agressive git, for example. Your instincts and root ape crap are also conditioning. Different in that it is genetically passed on rather than enviromentally learned but can be released or controlled in just the same way. So i guess if you worked hard enough and looked at enough different methods you'd figure out a way to remove this obstacle.

Luckily we're in the information age now and you can get an answer for anything. Heck, goto learning strategies and buy the genius code and ask your unconcious mind for an answer! So many possibilities.

At the same time, are you that bothered? I mentioned it because it is interesting. I'm not suggesting every martial artist needs to attain combat efficieny to this level. Who really gets into fights anyway? I guess it depends on how motivated you are.
              help me, i'm confused

Comment

ya motivation is all, it is the key to win a fight, if we dont want to win we dont, even if the guy which who we fight is the worst nuts of this world...I did this experience many time a few month ago

Comment

Well. I don't recommend getting into street fights. I don't recommend dangerous, realistic samurai training and i think for a lot of you meditating as much as a monk does is out of the question. Try some basterdized zen maybe. Look into the subject maybe. Try silva mind control, probaly help. You need to condition yourself basically.
                  Yeah I also dont recommend getting into street fights. I dont exactly go looking for them on the chance I might improve my "combat efficiency" hehe **** just happens sometimes. Me.. well ive been lucky to get out of most fights with out too much of a hiding. Not that Ive ever dished out a good beat down.. Which is probably a good thing too. Karma and all that.

But still. It is interesting how the body deals with Adrenaline. I guess adrenaline is what the body produces to help us deal with strenuous situations? or shock on our body? like some kind of overdirve nitrus or something.. ? I have no idea. But im interested in learning more...

But still.... deep down, I think alot of us would like to be confideent in our own abilities if the **** hit the fan.. Like Rambo!!

Yeah peace out

Comment

Working...
                  X