A suggestion for the Docstore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion for the Docstore.

Doc, I noticed you are now selling ball bearing swivel three section staffs in your store.
    I suggest you aquire some of the more traditional three section staffs, namely those with a ring mounted to each section of wood (and on both sides of the middle section) with either 3 or 5 connecting rings. This type of joint on the staff makes it much easier to control the weapon at high speeds, and I can tell you from personal experience after having used both types of three sections staves that one is far more likely to hit oneself in the back of the head with a ball bearing jointed one.

But perhaps thats why the ball bearing jointed three section staves run about 50-60 % (15-20 dollars as opposed to 30-40)of the price of the ones I'm speaking of. Anyway that's all I had to say, get some better three section staves, or else all the little kiddies who look up to doc might end up giving themselves concussions with their gongfu weapons. And who would want that anyway? Then their mother's would have to leave the stripclubs to take care of their children, and well frankly everyone would suffer.

And while I'm at it, doc do you think you could dig up and post a video of a monk performed three section staff form? That might help increase sales. And it would be awfully educational for such poor dumb bastards as myself.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Well, we sell what's used by the monks in Shaolin. Which, is our aim. The last thing we want to do is become an all inclusive martial arts supply house. It's hard enough as it is, lol. And I thought we were selling the traditonal ones, and not the ball bearing ones. I'll have to look at that.

I don't have any videos of three section staff forms. Got tons of other ones, just never got around to shooting that one. Haven't seen it in a while either, not sure why it wasn't in the wushu guan performance. Maybe it's not too popular anymore on the wushu circuit. I don't know.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Hmm well, who knows you might have the traditional ones in stock, but the picture appears to be one of a ball bearing swivel one. Oh well whatever.

Maybe three section staff forms arent as popular with the wushu guan because of the amount of damage one tends to do to the floor when you perform such an excercise inside. Or maybe its just because sword and spear are much easier to perform with grace and fluidity. Well you can ask the monks to do a three section staff form for your camera when they get to vegas this fall.

By the way, how are things going with you doc? Still out of the country are we? Met any nice thai hookers lately?
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

OK, see what you mean. I thought we also had just the metal fittings. Not sure where they are. I'll make sure we get some.

I'm out of China. Got everything done that I had to to do (except train). Meeting "hookers" on a daily basis. Just going to enjoy Thailand for a while, and rest; it's been a tough year for me.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Another suggestion, oh gracious bald one. Perhaps you would want to go through Tiger Claw direct? or use someone else as a supplier such as century. I think they are kind of going for what your aiming at. Most of the stuff is Chinese in origin. With other stuff such as wing chun, etc.

Personally, I was kind of hoping you would sell the 101 fists of shaolin gung-fu, it was recommended to me by one of the masters of the system. Oh well, perhaps next christmas. Also the art of war would be a good one.

While we on the subject, I would stay away from wushu steel.
          "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Also, get some Shaw Bros. Classics to inspire us in our training.

Comment

Most of the stuff is Chinese in origin. With other stuff such as wing chun, etc.
              wing chun is Chinese in origin......

Why would someone do that, it is popular and cheap.. I don't particularly care for some of it, but some of it is fun to use.
              practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by Asger
                Also, get some Shaw Bros. Classics to inspire us in our training.
                Ebay that dude, Ebay it, there are some good deals (i've gotten 100 or so titles off of ebay for cheap). Find a dealer, and stick with them for quality control (after first couple purchases).
                practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by Greenknight2 View Post
                  Another suggestion, oh gracious bald one. Perhaps you would want to go through Tiger Claw direct? or use someone else as a supplier such as century. I think they are kind of going for what your aiming at. Most of the stuff is Chinese in origin. With other stuff such as wing chun, etc.

Personally, I was kind of hoping you would sell the 101 fists of shaolin gung-fu, it was recommended to me by one of the masters of the system. Oh well, perhaps next christmas. Also the art of war would be a good one.

I agreed with you

Comment

Working...
                  X