Doc, the one who lies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, the one who lies...

"Hope you're having the time of your life down there!! There are new rumers about me in the USSD. I guess I was fired. I don't know what I was fired for though. And the thing about the monks coming is a big fat LIE acording to USSD. At least that is what I'm hearing now. That's what the Black Belts are saying. That tells me that they are still keeping a close eye on what is happening. May I take Xing Wei to Pumies one night when they have a class?

Say Hi to Girlfriend 1-11, and if there is more say hi to them too."

xxxxx

I'm just a guy trying to bring something good and worthwhile to the US. It never seems to end, does it....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Doc,

we should give you a certificate for being fired and we add the Shaolin LTD stamp to it to make it look good.

Uwe

Comment

Pumies?

What's Pumies?
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I must have missed something.

Fill me in, I AM YOUR GOD!!! (afterall)
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Zip it dere, bwoy...

Youse gonna have some big problems in a few posts time...won't be able to use that line much more.

Gonna be some major site upheavals when I get promoted. It's coming - Cower, mere....ah, screw it...

Comment

Cower?

Did you realize what avatar you're using...?

Another god in the works. Damn. I'm going to have to raise the limits.

"xxxx" is an individual that used to work for USSD. He hears, on an almost continual basis it seems, things that seem to be contrary to what we at the Russbo Corporation have worked very hard to accomplish. It appears that comments to diminish or deny our accomplishments are running throughout the relevant local martial arts community. I've heard of commentary that the monks that I got visas for "are not monks", or, "have been thrown out of the temple", and things like that. xxxxxx hears things all the time about his past; the commentary above is just one of the many disreputable comments that have been spread about him. It's actually becoming quite amusing.

But, it will end, and end it will soon. Shi Xing Wei will be in Las Vegas the end of September (and will start teaching Oct 1), Shi De Cheng will be there the end of November, Shi Xing Hong in December or January. It's going to be hard to make these comments once these guys show up.

Stupid activity, in my opinion. Very stupid. These things always turn around and kick you in the ass eventually.

I shall be amused. Greatly.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

ah, smack talking...

know it only too well...

Well have them do an interview with one of the big magazines and he can say something like this:

"I also used to get into fights with people outside the Temple. We might go to eat outside and people would say bad things about the Temple or my brothers. I would kick them and made my disciples kick them too. And here in America I feel the same; if you want to say something bad about Shaolin Temple or Shi Yan Ming, buy a ticket, go to China or come to New York. You know who I am and where I am. Sometime you have to use different language to teach people, like action language. Buddha said:"There are millions of different doors for millions of different people."

Shuts em up pretty quick.

'Cower' oh that is bad...oh dear me it hurts...
              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Well again congrats on finally getting all the monks here doc. The thing is, I used to hear some stuff from a buddy that had associations with them, it was scarey. The abbot was in the states for a brief trip, I guess USSD brought him over, so of course he did a interview with Blackbelt from what I hear. I just wish that some people could get there ducks in a row to save a tradition of traditions. I'm still waiting to read about this symposium that they had there a while back. :shrug: It just gets sad sometimes when people get somewhat decieved by antics of people who try to fast track there way to the top by exagerations of there own mind.
                practice wu de

Comment

A credibility issue...

I spoke to xxxx, xxxx's room mate, and he is the one that told xxx who told me. He says that he spoke to the instructer that teaches at the school on Cheyenne, and Durango. He said she said that USSD is the only organization that has access to getting the Shaolin Monks out here. No one else can, so if they (us) say that they can, then it is a lie. I guess that the students have gone to the russbo web sight, and are wondering about that. I think that all this shit is coming from the top Mattera. Are they scared? I think so!! I think that since Mattera and Demasco got their Decipleship, it went straight to their heads which is not right. They think they are the greatest because of that which is also, (in my opinion), not right. If I do something about this, would it just create problems for us? You and I both know what the (older) masters in Shaolin think about the Government, and the Abbot. USSD is trying to create their own picture of what is.... How many people have they told? And what will that do when Xing Wei does get here? I'll bet they will say that he is a renagade monk that was kicked out of the Temple by the Abbot, more lies. They are also saying that the Shaolin Chan Wu Xue Yuan has not been blessed by the Abbot.

I can't wait till you get back. This is going to be a great ride.

xxxxxxx

Yes, a veritable Disneyland E ticket. Getting these visas and starting this school was far more of a nightmare than I needed; now we've got to deal with slanderous comments that are impeding our ability to do business? And all we're trying to do, is bring something good to the western US.

And what of the monks in New York and Houston? How does this affect them, and their credibility?

I find it all humorous at times. One of the things that I've really learned to respect about the monk masters I have spent a lot of time with, is their overwhelming sense of HUMILITY.

LOL.

russbo.com

Comment

I can't wait til you get back either. I think you should invite USSD to your opening ceremony. It's only right that they welcome their Shaolin older brothers...
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

lol at Arhat. I think what they are trying to say (USSD) is they are the only ones who can get the Abbot's monks here, or something to that effect. Or maybe the only ones who can do dealings with the Abbot or whatever.... Who knows, its all just dumb to a certain extent.
                      practice wu de

Comment

USSD

I find it very funny that they talk so much sh*it about people, but when people talk sh*it about them they sue. I wonder what Guolin thinks about this. Doesn't Dam ass co take lessons from Guolin. Guolin does not like his students to gossip or put down other schools. I've seen these same USSD masters do this to other schools and styles before. If anyone was around when they split from Villaris they would know this is the way they do business.

Yongxin and Guolin see whats happening and they must be putting up with it for a reason. I'm sure in time the powers at be will take care of this problem. Sometimes these things just take time.

Comment

Money is a powerful motivator Ted. You have no idea; I've seen some pretty god awful things in my time with respect to that. Not everybody is as altruistic as we are.

russbo.com

Comment

Your absolutely right. I couldn't agree with you more. Money is the route of all evil. But really how much could we be talking about? In this day and age with all the other ma schools around how much could they really afford to pay for these titles. I know they have lots of schools and correct me if I'm wrong, don't they (the company) own all of them or some share in them? I'm sure there making lots but how much can they throw china's way before its hurts them.

Do you think Yongxin sees all of these schools and thinks he can convert them to Shaolin? Which would in return flood the market with the Shaolin name. Think about that? Things that make you go hmmmmm.........

Comment

Yongxin is not interested, in my opinion, in having tons of so called Shaolin schools all over the US. Yes, he has shown interest in sending some of his monks to various parts of the world, to open up training temples; that's more along the lines of what he has done in the past. But, they were his monks, teaching real Shaolin gong fu. Also, from my impression of things, from what I've seen and heard, he's more interested in deriving financial benefit from the schools that he lends his name to, which, in today's world of business, is not an uncommon thing to do. If you've got the position, you make money off of it.

He is interested, in my opinion, in the publicity that he's getting from all of this, the magazine covers (check out the newest BB that will come out soon, should be interesting, and, Gene's publication seems to be following the same track, though, in a more realistic, professional, and educational manner, as opposed to blatant advertising, in my opinion). He has his agenda, which, I haven't completely figured out yet. From the people I've spoken with in Shaolin, who shall remain nameless, the issue of money always seems to come up. Quite bizarre, if you ask me.

For a single school, given the state of martial arts schools and their profitability, something like this is not really doable, unless there's a close tie of some sorts between Yongxin and the headmaster. The profit level is not there. But, to create an example, to demonstrate the other end of this business spectrum, let's create a scenario that would make good business sense to an MBA (having completed a third of that program, I'll make up something worthwhile here). Let's say you owned a school system that had one thousand schools (to keep the numbers easier to figure) scattered here and there. You populated these schools with instructors that you trained in your system yourself, not only how to teach your product, but also, to "believe" in your product, as you well know that employees who believe in what you're selling will do a better job of selling it; good employee "education" is important to any business. In order to maintain proper growth, you try to pump out instructors as fast as you can, the more you have, obviously, the more schools you can open. To keep things financially worthwhile, you find outside investors to open the various schools, (and take the risk of running them, so you don't have to come up with any money yourself when you try to expand). Good business sense dictates that you use other people's money to grow; all major corporations expand in this manner. You keep control by lending your name to the school, which, as Yongxin so aptly demonstrates, is a valuable resource (again, if you've got the title, and people want it, you can sell access to that). You can make money off of each school, by making certain requirements of it, for it to stay in the system, for example, you could require that each school purchases its supplies, ie, maybe uniforms, only from you. You could even set a fixed amount of uniforms or the such that each individually owned and operated school had to buy from you each month, which, guaranteed an income from that school. Or, you could set a fixed membership fee, which granted access to you and your knowledge, something that some of the monks in Shaolin are now starting to do. To get an idea of the numbers involved, if you required each school to buy, or pay a fee of, let's say, five hundred dollars each month, if you had a thousand schools, you're talking about a lot of cash flow. It's quite a good business set up, if you could do it. And, you could do a lot with that money.

So far, it's been my direct impression, from my talking to Yongxin's people, and from my talking to people who have dealt with him, that you don't get anything from him for free. That's my opinion, based upon my observations and conversations with people. It's been my impression, that if you want his blessings, you have to pay for them. If you don't pay, you don't play. All these schools in Shaolin with some sort of commemorative statement outside them, all preaching Yongxin's great abilities as this or that. Commemorative stones in the temple, again to Yongxin, from other schools, all extolling his virtues. For what? Think about it. Gene and I had a similar experience a few years ago, when we had approached him concerning the placement of a commemorative stone in the Shaolin courtyard. We had been told that it would require a three thousand (or so) dollar "donation". When we started to gather the money to do such a thing, and when we were getting ready to do this, all of a sudden the price went up, to I think, ten thousand or so.

As with everything else in life, money talks, bullshit walks. If you want something, there's always a cost involved. Yongxin is truly starting to realize the value of his position; no doubt, there's going to be more to come with respect to this issue. (And, to be fair, don't you find the same thing in the Catholic Church? You most definitely find it in the business world; it's just the association of religion kind of makes this "interesting", in my opinion. I just have not seen it so prevalent or so obvious before with respect to the Buddhist faith, but, I might have just missed it).

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X