No announcement yet.

Doc, the one who lies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just like to say that the 'monks' YX sent to Vienna were not teaching Shaolin gong fu, but PRC wushu. None of them knew any traditional forms at all. Not even Xiao Hong Chuan.

That temple has since closed it's doors.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Business Acumen

Doc,

that was very well said.

It's a shame, but that's the way things go.

Uwe

Comment

For a single school, given the state of martial arts schools and their profitability, something like this is not really doable, unless there's a close tie of some sorts between Yongxin and the headmaster.
        What everybody seems to have missed in this conversation, is probably the most important aspect, and, in my opinion, the saddest.

When referring to these "single" schools, has anybody thought of the fact that I also might be referring to some of the monk schools that are in Houston and New York?

Most of these guys do not have a "relationship" with the current leadership of the temple; nor do they make enough money to "support" a "supportive cooperative venture".

Sad. The guys that have actually trained and grew up in the temple are the ones who stand to lose the most. The people who have had very little, if anything, to do with the temple or its teachings, have everything to gain.

Think about it.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc,

I was waiting for that one.

uwe

Comment

Yeah, but I'd be surprised that if anyone wanted to study Shaolin specificaly, and had one of these monks around would go to a Kempo school... But then again, weirder things have happend. I was sort of waiting for someone to bring that up, the thing that struck me was I didn't hear of any of the monks here already who went to go visit with the Abbot when he was here. I'd imagine that this could have made the people who brought him here a bit uncomfortable in some ways.
            practice wu de

Comment

well most of the monks here have no reason to go see YX. Why would they? He basically called the texas guys frauds...he doesn't like to speak about YM publicly, but wants him on his side real bad...or far far away...like I said, I would love to see DeMasco try and flex on YM. FIYAHWURKS.

I would guess most kids get taken to Karate by their parents...even if you are in high school...I would guess this is the most significant demographic of the McDojo...parents aren't going to know any better or care...because convenience probably plays a big role in the activities their kids do...and also adults.

Like the USSD instructor who came heavy on his pitch to me...his M.O was based around why go 2 hours into the city when you can come here and get 'Shaolin'...

I would have to say that more people than not, especially if they didn't know any better, would agree...
              "Arhat, I am your father..."
              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I'm back. And it's been interesting being back.

Heard some interesting RUMORS about this Yongxin extravaganza that was hosted in Los Angeles during August. Heard that Yongxing brought 16 or his wushu performance monks to LA, for, from what I was told in Shaolin by some higher ups at the Wushu Guan, ten days.

Supposedly they were only going to spend an afternoon or a day with the US "grandmaster".

The rumor that I heard, is that they sort of filled up one of the auditorium's in Irvine, one that they usually use.

Not sure how many hundreds (or thousands) of people that is.

But I was also told, that the performance, which was open to the public (and was packed), cost each individual person, $250.

Their students, who were allowed to do the two hour training afterwards, supposedly had to pay another fee for the training session.

Anybody have any sort of confirmation on this? Interesting pricing for a performance that I've seen many many times for free.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                X