• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy push hands mpgs

vincent chu circa '91

I don't understand at all.

the rest
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

wow, that clip really made my day....thanks lester!!!

but surely, that guy on the right could've gotten a haircut and a change of clothes before the cameras were rolling?
    -Jesse Pasleytm
    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

I remember one time when I was able to train with a Hsing Yi Master (I think it was Hsing Yi), and he asked me to grab hold of him, I couldn't keep hold of him. There was this very small 83 year old man, and I couldn't keep hold of him. Apparantly he was using his chi to "push me away". Whilst I believe the princaple of the videos is true. What I experienced was nothing as extreme as the poor guy jumping about everywhere in these clips.

Gotta admit, I think these videos are somewhat "dramatised" which is a shame really, 'cos people will look at them and think they're completely bogus and the whole thing is fake. Maybe the guy was being forced away, but I can't help thinking he was making a song and dance about the whole thing!!
      Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

well

i saw these videos awhile ago, i thought the guy could use a hair cut to..

as for vincent chu and his capabilities..well i dunno they could vary well be pretty vast..hes been training in taiji for over 30 years..

the information at his site alone is very profound..theres enough in there to write a book, and besides the fact hes also a very good teacher..

so who knows what hes capable of doing..the article about his father was a little more far fetched in my oppinion..i met gin soon chu myself and i wouldnt think hed be the kinda guy whod be throwing people around with his chi etc, but you never know...

its interesting stuff
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Hey Jesse,

Did you get the abbot's permission to exhibit his "authorization" under your screen name? Or did you ask our very own American Shaolin ambassador grandmaster, with the gold pants...?

LOL. Didn't know you were so special.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

I think "uprooting" is not uncommon in really good push hands, but I don't think what is happening is quite as super mystical chi as all that, from what I understand it's a reaction to good form, etc

I have seen the "practical applications" book advertised on that website. it's cool but very small and expensive. It's written by Yang Sau chang, one of yang chen fu's sons and the teacher of gin soon chu.

Comment

Thats sort of what really good push hands entails, trying to uproot the other person, if there good, you won't be able to just "push" them.
              practice wu de

Comment

from what I can deduce just from asking around, the white guy is unusually bad at it.

Comment

doc,
                  no, i have my own pair of gold pants. and hell, i have a report card too. so i figured if demasco could do it, so could i. please also note that my name and image are trademarked now. toodles!
                  -Jesse Pasleytm
                  "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

personal experience

I've been pushed like that from my Taiji Teacher. He's only been at it for 13 years or so. But from what I understand about it is that it is not only qi or energy at work but body mechanics. You have to have a firm grip on the basic positioning of the body and the way you're supposed to move. The body posture has to be correct for the energy to flow properly. If you do not know how to utilize substantial and insubstantial positioning and alighn everything in a correct manner, then you will never be able to push like that. There is way to use the body in order to push without using very much muscular force.

The best though is to find a teacher for learning Taiji because you can't learn this stuff from books. You have to get the experience of what it feels like and this way he/she can guide you to be able to generate that power.

best wishes

Comment

WWF

Looks just silly. Like the no touch KO clips. Except worse....

I saw a film once that was about a push hands master. It was about him coming to China town here in America. He is pretty old in the film (60's or 70's) and he demonstrates some of these abilities in the story (which I believe was supposed to be true). There is one point at the end of the film where he is being fired from his job as a cook in some chinese resteraunt and he decides he is not going to leave the kitchen. All the other cooks try to move him and the resteraunt owner and no one can. The owner calls the cops and they all try to move him but no one can. They even try as a group of about ten people but no one can move him. I asked Shifu about this once and he knew right away what I was talking about and said that this was very easy to do. It looked awfully impressive in the film but these clips are just funny.

Thanks for sharing them.

Peace,
                      Bhodi

Comment

lmao

I've always wanted documentary evidence of practical martial efficacy for taiji quan, and finally I get this!!! made me larfe, the only thing that baffles me is how many serious responses it got in this thread hehe.... I don't know wot taiji-dufus thinks he's doing jumping around like that but i won't be studying under him.

Comment

Working...
                        X