Valentines Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentines Day

Valentines Day. Ugh. I don't know why I keep trying. I guess this year, it's gonna be stuffed animals. I tried flowers last year, but that was a complete disaster. Lemme tell you a story..

Last year(oh yeah, keep in mind that I'm in high school) I was madly in love with the gurl of my dreams. Things were going well, she was pretty open with me and she knew I liked her. So V Day rolls around and I got her a dozen long stem roses and a dozen of some other ones i can't remember. Called her up after school, got yelled at by her little sister, and started talking to her. "Oh I love them, they are soooo beautiful, oh my gawd, no one's ever done this for me!" "Glad I could be the first!" ".....i hope you're not expecting me to go out with you..." "...." "I have a boyfriend." "That sux major a$$...damn..." Oh yeah, her bf was in jail...

And although I went into depression for a few months, it wasn't a total loss, after all, this guy(quite the weirdo) actually paid for all those flowers for me! something along the lines of $125! I really don't know if there is a moral to this story, I'm just bored and wnted to put something into this new forum. That's the worst I've ever been shot down. Anyone wanna share your stories?

until next time,
    -shi xing smurf-

Boyfriend in jail? Pretty common occurrence, especially for the superstars that I seem to run into, on an almost daily basis.

I think it's a Vegas thing.

And you're only in high school, and wondering why you keep trying?

You'll learn. They all have boyfriends. (And all the "boyfriends", if they truly do exist, tend to be losers, lol)

I really haven't had any bad Valentine's day experiences. Not that I remember, anyway. Not really sure I've had good ones, lol. Besides, I don't seem to remember much anymore. Guess it's better that way.

Anyhoo, this year is going to be fairly cheap for me. Not going to be buying anything for anybody this year. Except the requisite bone for Mindy, and the also requisite flowers for mum. It's so much easier this way.

Jaded, cynical, and generally worn out,
    doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

$125 for flowers for some chick in High School? Man, what sort of presents are you gonna get when you have a job? Whatever happened to just buyin a couple of greasy burgers and making out behind the shed?

Get like a stuffed rat or fieldmouse this year; shouldn't set you back more than a couple of bucks. It'll be easier on your girlfriend's unexpected boyfriend too, as the case may be.

Or you could just go for this; cheaper all round:
      Attached Files

Comment

Man, that pic is pretty sick! Hey, the guy offered the flowers. I tried, what can i say? It didn't work out, and in the long run, I think that that's a good thing. May sound like rumors and gossip, but there is some pretty nasty history behind her. Oh well... Oh and another thing..for anyone who has checked out my web-page, I'm sorry it sux. I'm in this class I don't want to be in called Web Page Design. Well, ta-ta-for-now.
        -shi xing smurf-

Comment

I dont like Valentines day. Heres why, I never have a girl or girlfriend never have never will at this rate. On valentines day everyone expects it to be some magical day... Well it almost never turns out as such. More break up s happen on that day than any other. It helps if you see Valentines day as just another day.

Comment

I never have a girl or girlfriend never have never will at this rate.

You will one day.

You shall pay the price, just like the rest of us, lol...
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Doc's right, you cannot escape our inevitable damnation....
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Lol. I hope i have to suffer the fate of getting a girlfriend. That is one torture i welecome with open arms

Comment

Man, single dating life is the best.. this going over to the same chicks house is getting old...

I shouldn't complain though... I brought it upon myself. We're promoting a night at a small club here for V-day...
                  don't have to worry about too much, grab some of the extra flowers we'll have when she comes in.. it'll be all good.
                  practice wu de

Comment

There's something to be said for "going over to the same chicks house". Single dating life can become quite the nightmare at times. I mean, how many looney tunes can you spend time with...

russbo.com

Comment

Um, well, thats a tough one, I guess a bunch, but then you find out how many of these loonies actually know each other.

I figure it to be a building process... you build up a stable, then all the horses fight, and you can't ride them any more.. so you go get more horses...

Wow, I guess thats why I got one now though, no other horses to fight with...lol

Doc.. wow, I was shocked to see that from you though, as all those trips to the church you must have some stable of fans.
                      practice wu de

Comment

I'm used to this concept of having a stable of loonies that all seem to know each other.

Which is why, one isolated stable loon is better than multiple interacting unstable ones.

russbo.com

Comment

Whatever happen to celibacy?

It is better to think of Valentines day as just another day; mostly because it is another day! In any case I never had a girlfriend on V Day. Hell it's been 2 1/2 yrs since i've even touched a woman much less dated one. And damnit, I feel happy and free.

Anyways, take care and don't worry about this silly **** too much. It's not worth it.
                          "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Do you know the origin of St. Valentines day? It started out as a roman holiday where, in honor of the execution of a christian martyr, the roman government declared that it was kosher and heavily encouraged for any roman citizen who decided to rape a christian woman (preferably a virgin) on said holiday, to go out and do so. Then they proceeded to encourage the not so good men of rome to cut loose.

So remember, valentines day is not about love. It's about beating up and raping christian virgins. And in the present day, it's about marketing to make young men spend rediculous sums of money on overpriced flowers, chocolates, and cards. At least they only rape your wallet these days.
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Ah....

The good old days.

According to English and French history, first mention of St. Valentines' Day is found in literature from the fourteenth century. The middle of the second month of the year was picked as a romantic day because they noticed that birds started to pair up for mating season around that time.

Hokey reason for us to be spending all this damn money in Victoria's Secret for **** we never see.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X