Andreas Beskow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, again
    I'll try to answer your questions, even though I will keep it breef, since I'm at work and are not allowed to sitt at the internet for to long..

..Andreas came to the temple in 1992, and stayed three years in a row. He got accepted as Shi Yong Ting's personal disciple, even though many other monks were denied that privelige by Yong Ting..

Before he came to shaolin he studied at Beijijng University of physical education (BUPE), with focus on wushu, There he came in contact with a woman that had very good rellations in the Shaolin temple, so she recomended him to Yong Xin, and thereby he got accepted..

Andreas have been practising Gong Fu since he was a child, so there should be no doubt that he got skills..

Ever since he left the temple he have been going back to the temple practise and meet with his friend, staying for a couple of months at each time.

He is now running a school in Sweden named, Shaolin Chan Wu Zhong Xin, Shi Yong Ting is also here training with us.

I'f any one gets the idea to do research about him and asking the monks for his name I doubt that they will reccognise, Andreas Beskow, however i think that, Ann de lesa (somthing like that), Shi Yan Seng or perhaps Sun Wu Kung, might work better..

I hope I cleared some things out for you, but remember that I am not Andreas, only his disiple so dont claim him if I have written something wrong,,

/ Johan

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
      There is a big difference between being a monk and being a deciple, decipleship can be of many levels... but who knows... I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but entering the temple doesn't mean he became a monk.... even if he "lived" there....

Read some about some others who've made the jouney...

I'm not saying any of these people are his calibre, etc...

The article written by the guy from Brooklyn was interesting. Made Shaolin sound pretty bad. Well, gave me a bad impression of things there anyway. The second part was no better either.

Kinda funny about the Sanda coach not knowing how to "tap-out". They must have thought the brooklyn dude was crazy!!

Comment

fei-long, you said you are andreas 's disciple ???
        martial way is mine, death one is yours
        call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

huh?

It is not what I heard, on a documentary of a french magasine (karate bushido), that he was a friend of the student of a none from China (probably the women you were talking bout fei-long), and they discuss and she simply manage to bring him there...
          And I think it was in France, or at least he say so.

Look here it is the cover of the tape:
          Attached Files
          call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Hey, you know what I just heard???
            My master was at the temple a little before Andreas...(under Shi Xing Zhuang (but was not took as a disciple by um because he was allready or was going to be I dont know, disciple of Zhong Lian Bao).

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
              The article written by the guy from Brooklyn was interesting. Made Shaolin sound pretty bad. Well, gave me a bad impression of things there anyway. The second part was no better either.

That was a school outside the temple, read article 1 as well. I think Antonio Graceffo had it coming to him to from the moment he got angry and impolite about the photos.

Comment

..Andreas came to the temple in 1992, and stayed three years in a row. He got accepted as Shi Yong Ting's personal disciple, even though many other monks were denied that privelige by Yong Ting..

Before he came to shaolin he studied at Beijijng University of physical education (BUPE), with focus on wushu, There he came in contact with a woman that had very good rellations in the Shaolin temple, so she recomended him to Yong Xin, and thereby he got accepted..

Before 1992, Yongxin was an insignificant 22 year old monk, who may have been studying at Beijing's Buddhist college, and who was trying to get himself on the future committee that would run Shaolin after Shi Xing Zhen's death. And it is not uncommon for people (students/disciples/monks) to not be accepted by one monk master; especially if they have been already accepted by another. Shi De Cheng has over two thousand European students; to this day, after ten years, he has accepted only about twenty as his disciples.

That's what I love about Shaolin history. It gets rewritten so many times.

I've discussed this whole concept of "what a monk" is, many times before. Look in the Shaolin FAQ, and also in the Fugue section. Also look for Su Jia Di Zi, and other "monk" related questions in the Shaolin FAQ. I think it will help open your eyes a bit.

Do some reading. And I've got more to say on this.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Doc, if you are right, not even one foreigner will be able of entering the temple untill it chenge abbot...?

so when will yong xin stop being the abbot?

Comment

And as for that Brooklyn guy's story, it's an interesting read. It brings up some good points, and it also has some errors. But I can attest to what a hospital experience in Dengfeng is like, and, I will grant him that Chinese people can be difficult to deal with on a financial and "rules" type basis. But I've never had that sort of experience with Shaolin monks. I think this guy spent most of his time with coaches at one of the schools there. Coaches, that he thougth were monks.

It's a common misperception.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

shaolin_disciple_fei_hung: "It is not what I heard, on a documentary of a french magasine (karate bushido), that he was a friend of the student of a none from China (probably the women you were talking bout fei-long), and they discuss and she simply manage to bring him there...
                      And I think it was in France, or at least he say so. "

Well I have seen that documentary too, but since I don't understand much french I can't understand what they are saying, though I have been talking with Andreas about this so I have got the story from him directley.. About the woman wether she is a none or not I don't know, I can check if it's in your Interest.

shaolin_disciple_fei_hung Hey: "My master was at the temple a little before Andreas...(under Shi Xing Zhuang (but was not took as a disciple by um because he was allready or was going to be I dont know, disciple of Zhong Lian Bao)."

Who is um?
                      what is the name of your master that went there? maybe they know about eachother.

doc: "Before 1992, Yongxin was an insignificant 22 year old monk, who may have been studying at Beijing's Buddhist college, and who was trying to get himself on the future committee that would run Shaolin after Shi Xing Zhen's death."

hmm, maybe I have mixed up Yong Xin's name with some else's. I just remembered that Andreas told me that he was present at Yong Xin's inauguration (dont know if is the right word in english). but if Iam not totally wrong I think that he had something to do with Andreas getting in the temple, or it might be the name mix up again..
                      I know for shore that he know Yong Xin since I have seen many pictures of them together, and he have also told me that.

doc: "And it is not uncommon for people (students/disciples/monks) to not be accepted by one monk master; especially if they have been already accepted by another. Shi De Cheng has over two thousand European students; to this day, after ten years, he has accepted only about twenty as his disciples."

Well that's my point that it's not verry common, and that he is a forigner makes it more uncommon..

doc: "I've discussed this whole concept of "what a monk" is, many times before. Look in the Shaolin FAQ, and also in the Fugue section. Also look for Su Jia Di Zi, and other "monk" related questions in the Shaolin FAQ. I think it will help open your eyes a bit"

I could not find the texts that you mentioned above, where are the Shaolin FAQ? would be interessting to read.
                      What do you mean by open my eyes? I think I have only been answering questions on behalf of Andreas, I have been as open minded as possible, or have I someway offended anyone by presenting mi shifus story? in that case I can only say that I am sorry.

Offtopic: Since I am quite new on this forum Iwould like to compliment you Doc for this site that I find verry interessting, It's nice that people with interests in Shaolin can get together allover the globe, and also thank you for the great articels and videos.

Looking forward to your answers,

Best regards
                      / Johan

Comment

um, I wanted to write him (simply a mistake)...my master is call José magnée

Comment

fei-long, I ll ask to my master if he know him...

Comment

Actually I asked Andreas a couple of days ago when he showed us some new photos of him and Shi Yong Xin if Yong Xin was Abbott when Andreas lived at the temple and Andreas answered negative. If I can recall it right he also said that there was no abbot at all at the time.

Does it really matter? He's been where he's been and he is where he is doing what he’s doing. It's not like there some "terrible monk" (haha I loved his site, I dont say he is fake but..) claiming to be something on his own, Shi Yong Ting is living proof of what Andreas is and have been doing.

Comment

also, andreas is only a disciple/monk, not a master ! ? ! ?

Comment

Originally posted by shaolin_disciple_fei_hung
                                also, andreas is only a disciple/monk, not a master ! ? ! ?
                                I don't think there is a definition for Shaolin "master".

Comment

Working...
                                X