No announcement yet.

Andreas Beskow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya but does he have the "title" of being a master ?
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Andreas would absolutely never refer to himself as a master.

But how would you describe a master, shaolin_disciple_fei_hung?

Comment

OK, you all have a lot of reading to do, lol. But, hey, it took me years to "understand" this ****, and I will tell you all this. The more you learn about Shaolin, the less you know. It's a complicated place. It truly is. The more you get involved with this, the further you'll get sucked in.

And I'm not sure it's worth it, lol.

doc: "Before 1992, Yongxin was an insignificant 22 year old monk, who may have been studying at Beijing's Buddhist college, and who was trying to get himself on the future committee that would run Shaolin after Shi Xing Zhen's death."

hmm, maybe I have mixed up Yong Xin's name with some else's. I just remembered that Andreas told me that he was present at Yong Xin's inauguration (dont know if is the right word in english). but if Iam not totally wrong I think that he had something to do with Andreas getting in the temple, or it might be the name mix up again..
        I know for shore that he know Yong Xin since I have seen many pictures of them together, and he have also told me that.

Yongxin's inauguration was I think in 1999. I was there for the preliminary ceremony, did not make the real inauguaration. Andreas might have been friends with Yongxin back in the early days of 1992, back when Shi Xing
        Zhen was dying, and Yongxin was manipulating himself onto the committee that was going to run Shaolin. There's a post on the forum somewhere, called Abbocy. I suggest you read it.

doc: "And it is not uncommon for people (students/disciples/monks) to not be accepted by one monk master; especially if they have been already accepted by another. Shi De Cheng has over two thousand European students; to this day, after ten years, he has accepted only about twenty as his disciples."

Well that's my point that it's not verry common, and that he is a forigner makes it more uncommon..

Let's not be too impressed with this disciple stuff. I became one, of Shi De Cheng, in 1997. And I assure you, I am not a monk. Never have been, never will. There's a distinction, a major one, at least in my mind. Again, it's been discussed. In this forum, the archive, the Fugue section (Identity?), the Shaolin FAQ (many faq's), and in the Journals, in various places. You've got a lot of reading to do concerning this "what is a monk" and "what is a disciple" (and now, "what is a grandmaster", lol).

doc: "I've discussed this whole concept of "what a monk" is, many times before. Look in the Shaolin FAQ, and also in the Fugue section. Also look for Su Jia Di Zi, and other "monk" related questions in the Shaolin FAQ. I think it will help open your eyes a bit"

I could not find the texts that you mentioned above, where are the Shaolin FAQ? would be interessting to read.
        What do you mean by open my eyes? I think I have only been answering questions on behalf of Andreas, I have been as open minded as possible, or have I someway offended anyone by presenting mi shifus story? in that case I can only say that I am sorry.

There's a java script menu on the left hand side of the page. Click on "Site Content", a box should open. Put your mouse on Shaolin, another box should open. You should see Shaolin FAQ. Start exploring. You can surf the entire site with that menu. If it doesn't work, then read the directions in the Site Map for making your browser work with it. You can get to the Site map via the start page (russbo CNI), which will load immediately after www.russbo.com finishes (or you can skip that introduction).

You've been answering questions on behalf of Andreas? It would be nice to hear directly from him. I'm sure he's got great stories to tell from those years. Back before Yongxin, back in the circus times, back when monks were monks...

And as for opening one's eyes, well, one of the things that you'll find with me, is that I really think that it's necessary for you guys to stop accepting what you hear at face value. Stop believing everything that you read on web sites, everything that people tell you. Question. Always question. And from those questions, formulate a research plan to help you answer them. Then, start looking for your answers.

The whole "what is a monk" issue is a very interesting topic, one which has been distorted for many years, one which is starting to obtain commercialized aspects, one which is going to be used and misused for many years to come. You're just entering the world of Shaolin my friends. You've taken the first step now.

It's a worthwhile journey. God help you the rest of the way...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Doc, do u mean andreas live at a time when there were still true monk in the temple and that now there is nt even one true in it (exept su xi of course) ???
          call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

To fei-long=> When I talked about being a master I wanted to say, was he said to be a master by other monk or by his own master...it is not only what I mean but all these idea are in my head and I m not capable to explain it like that...

Comment

shaolin_disciple_fei_hung: I am not shure that I understand what you are meaning..

Comment

if what you dont understand is my conception of what a master is: I am going to re explain it...
                To my idea, being a master (officially but not spiritualy) is:
                -being told by our master we are one
                -be recognise by other monk as a master
                -be skilled like any other master
                Like I said, it is not a conception of what a master have to be mentally but officially...

Comment

Doc, do u mean andreas live at a time when there were still true monk in the temple and that now there is nt even one true in it (exept su xi of course) ???

Uh, no. Not exactly. There have been many changes at the temple over the past few years, with regards to the emergence of wushu, the relative loss of traditional gong fu, and lifestyles of the monks. It's been discussed quite a bit, and, unfortunately, it's all over the site. Not exactly in one place. It's not something that I can rehash for you in three sentences here. The best thing I can suggest, is that you start reading.

There's a lot to learn in here. And it will take you some time. You'll find information in the wildest places too, like the Journals.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Hey doc, I go on your site every day for one hour or more to read it...and one week ago I stayed all day long until 1 in the morning.

Comment

hmm, maybe you should be putting more time on your training in stead of being at the internet, I dont know, just an idea..

Comment

yeah I also do it (of course), but I associate mental training and phisical training...
                        I have anything to do exept training and going on russbo so I do the two.

Comment

Doc, and other...is it really still possible to train at the temple, I dont mean would Yong xin let us enter it but do the temple still have the place and the infrastrucure nescessary to train in?
                          In the documentary with Andreas, we dont see any place o train to exept maybe 10 or 20 square meter.

Comment

Education takes place in the wildest places. Whether it be training, or, reading stuff on the internet. It's all good.

Some people train in the temple now with some monks. I don't recommend it. The temple is largely a tourist attraction now, and being such, does not lend itself to be a proper training area. Personally, I liked the mountains surrounding the temple area (much as the older monks did years ago). Now, just about all training takes place in schools in nearby Dengfeng. Which, tends to be better. Better training atmosphere.

russbo.com

Comment

Some people train in the temple now with some monks. I don't recommend it.
                              Do you mean foreigners or local Chinesse?
                              Also, why dont you recommend it? I mean I understand in part but, do YOU mean you dont recommend it now or also 10 years ago at the time Andreas was in ?

Comment

Ten years ago it was different. Ten years ago, most people trained in the nearby wushu guan, and not the temple (the temple being run down and rapidly becoming a tourist attraction).

Local Chinese train in the nearby Dengfeng schools. Very few foreigners find a monk to bring them to some dirt place inside the temple, in the back, to do some gong fu. (big deal).

Most training takes place at the wushu guan, or at the nearby Dengfeng schools. Keep reading the site. It's all in there.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X