Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Shaolin Federation?

Hello People

Has anyone heard about some shaolin federation being set up international by some of the monks living outside of China?

WushuSpear

Shi Xing Hong and I had talked about it, the last time he came out to visit me.

It's an interesting option, but, a difficult one, at best. Getting these guys together is not going to be easy. And, you have to remember, Yongxin is not supposed to be part of this.

Good idea, difficult execution.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

So Doc as far as you know this is all still an idea and no concrete plans have been made? I'm interested cause I heard some people talking in my neck of the woods as if this was solid and confirmed for next year etc.

WushuSpear

Comment

i think that something like that would be beneficial for shaolin practitioners or people trying to seek out good intruction. if an organization like that came about and had the right integrity it could weed out con artists and other misleading distractions for people that are looking for a shaolin kung fu instructor.....also, if you organize something like that then you can start making it easier to open new locations *****AHEM*****FOREXAMPLEINGODDAMNOKLAHOMA****AHEM* ***.

those are just some pro's though...im sure there would be cons for people to think about but i guess im trying to be optimistic.

Comment

I think that the idea is good, but that execution will be flawed, because of the ego's involved, and the difficulty in getting all of these guys together.

And who is going to decide who's real and who isn't? The abbot has his methods, others have theirs.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Working...
          X