Buddhist chants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddhist chants?

I've been reading about buddhism, and i always read about the monk chants...
    does anyone know them?

I know quite a few. But it depends very much on the tradition you're looking for and the language as well. There is Chinese, Vietnamese, Pali, Tibetan, Japanese, Korean, and probably a few others that I am not aware.

Having been a monk myself, chanting was something that we learned and did on a regular basis, most monasteries chant at least twice a day in the Buddhist Tradition. They chant in the morning and in the evening.

Well I hope that helps.

Give me some more info, and I can do the same.

peace and love
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

I'm looking for the Japanese, and Chinese chants...my speakers are down at the moment, so i need them written in words...i heard them once chanted in cantonese, and something drew me to them...so im looking for a copy of them. thanks

Comment

I don't think you will find anything in Cantonese these days. Mandarin is the official dialect of China, so all the monasteries in China and all the ones in the U.S. that I know of speak Mandarin and chant in Mandarin. I'm curious to know why you want to learn Cantonese, it's practically gonna be a dying language within a hundred years?

These are all places that might have some Chinese chanting on them. However, I doubt that they have the complete services. You may just very well have to start going to Temple.

peace and love
        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
        X