Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good site

i have really enjoyed your site. despite the fact that my system is consistently bashed, i have learned a few things and appreciate the humor involved. i have registered and will continue to check back.

jordan

....cool?

Comment

Glad to have you. It's not all shaolin-do bashing though, to be honest I had never heard of shaolin-do before getting involved with this site. Its nothing against YOUR style, its just comical observations about the way a few of the more publicly involved 'sifus' in your system present themselves. It's possible to develop a great deal of personal growth and spiritual cultivation in any martial art. And to be perfectly honest, the dumbest thing I ever heard about shaolin-do allegedly doing probably had absolutely nothing to with your sifu in particular (that being the attempt to trademark the shaolin name and prevent any other schools from being able to legally teach shaolin gongfu).

But its ok, it happens. People try dumb things to see if they can get away with them. Some jackass in the U.S. during this past century tried to patent basmati rice so that anyone who sold basmati rice in the US would have to pay him off. And people have been growing basmati rice for five or ten milleniums or so.

God knows I've tried to do dumb things to see if I could get away with them. The difference is that I can admit that it was a dumb thing. Hope that helps clarify issues.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

And to be perfectly honest, the dumbest thing I ever heard about shaolin-do allegedly doing probably had absolutely nothing to with your sifu in particular (that being the attempt to trademark the shaolin name and prevent any other schools from being able to legally teach shaolin gongfu).

I don't think that was the shaolin-do people...

You might want to read back in the russbo CNI section. It's in there.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

i am starting to realize, more and more, that bad sifus really hinder the experience for alot of people, whether it be one style or another. its difficult for me, sometimes, to accept that people have to take money to teach martial arts. it is understandable that a living must be made, so as to have an abundance of time to teach, but i find it hard to understand coupling greed with ego and then trying to lead people down a path that requires humility in the face of challenge. but, perhaps, this isnt the proper topic for the guest log.

jordan

Comment

This has concept of money and teaching has been discussed somewhere else in the site.

Just can't remember where.

You might want to look at Shaolin Topics, Topic 12. That's an interesting one.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Working...
            X