X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mum left feeling dirty by incontinence injuries

Mum left feeling dirty by incontinence injuries

"It's isolating, debilitating and you feel dirty."

สมัครสมาชิก SLOTXO There is a higher payout rate than regular games, which means that most people play and win prizes, which makes the game popular.

Too many women have to cope with bowel incontinence from injuries during childbirth, according to one charity.

Anna Clements, from Masic, said stigma and a lack of information meant women were unaware of the medical support available.

The Welsh government said a plan would be published in the summer on how health boards should provide "high-quality women's health services".

A coalition of charities said this was one of a number of ways women experience poor health outcomes.

Women need to be listened to and not just dismissed and told 'this happens with birth - just get on with it'," added Ms Clements.

Masic supports women who have experienced anal sphincter injuries - an issue which carries so much stigma that few will speak to anyone about their symptoms.

Ms Clements said the charity mainly helped women who have had "third and fourth degree tears - that's the damage caused to your anal sphincter".

"It's a traumatic injury to the pelvic area, usually to the perineum," she added.

But she counts herself lucky that her own injury, 13 years ago, was so severe she received treatment straight away.

Ms Clements, from Nottingham, was given a procedure called sacral nerve stimulation which helped control the incontinence, but said, at 46, perimenopause could mean symptoms "come back with a vengeance".

"It affected the relationship with my husband, my work, my social groups - the way people react to you - it affects everything."

Incontinence is a common condition that affects many individuals, including mothers. It can lead to a variety of challenges, both physical and emotional. This article aims to shed light on the experiences of mothers who struggle with incontinence injuries, highlighting the impact it has on their lives and discussing possible solutions and support click here

Comment

Working...
    X